09 Superfly

warcricket

Like a Jerk
eww, the rig got ugly this year...

and the new gary fisher logo is done in the same way that cannondale does it.

xc62701

Ouch, I'm glad I didn't hold off for an '09 Superfly. The MSRP went up by over a grand without really any componentry changes. I dig this year's paint job though (not so much the new Paragon).
http://www.fisherbikes.com/bike/model/superfly

Yea right I can't believe the rate hike on that thing. It's a little much... I did get to see an 08 superfly yesterday that was just brought in to the shop. I thought they were sold out months ago. The customer ordered an 09 and an 08 showed up. I was asking if they could give me a good deal ;)

BTW the paragon is going to be my new bike...watch it buddy!!:D

Glancing Aft

eww, the rig got ugly this year...

I agree that it doesn't look so great in the catalog photo, but live it seems to looks good.

rig2.jpg

- One upgrade on the Superfly is they went from Bontreger cranks to XT crankset. Why not XTR for that price? I also wonder what happened to the Superfly SS. Maybe next year mear mortals can get it?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
It is all over the place..

Ouch, I'm glad I didn't hold off for an '09 Superfly. The MSRP went up by over a grand without really any componentry changes. I dig this year's paint job though (not so much the new Paragon).
http://www.fisherbikes.com/bike/model/superfly

Wait a few months.

ALL bikes are going up big time. You will see the biggest increases in brands and models made by other folks for said company.

For example Specialized has 20-30% price jumps. Most if not all their bikes are made by Giant.

walter

Fourth Party
Wait a few months.

ALL bikes are going up big time. You will see the biggest increases in brands and models made by other folks for said company.

For example Specialized has 20-30% price jumps. Most if not all their bikes are made by Giant.

In this months issue of Specialized Bike Action, RC mentions outright that Giant makes some bikes for Specialized, Trek, and Santa Cruz.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Merida (another Taiwanese manufacturer) makes most of the Specialized bikes. Heck, they own a 19% stake in the Specialized Corporation...

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
im glad i went with the 08 rig and not the 09..definetly better looking

but yeah..these price hikes suck

liong71er

bummer:mad:, i,m just trying to get to know these 29er beauties.and now she going beyonds my reach,....i should have listen to all of you long time ago, i guess now it,s too late.:(

walter

Fourth Party
there is really only a handful of bikes that are truly made in the U.S. Mostly small and/or custom frame builders. Cannondale is on its way over seas, if its not there already.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
- One upgrade on the Superfly is they went from Bontrager cranks to XT crankset. Why not XTR for that price? I also wonder what happened to the Superfly SS. Maybe next year mear mortals can get it?

The Shimano XT cranks are NOT an upgrade from the carbon Race X-Lite crank. They have had some issues with the spider creaking on them though and that's why they spec XT for '09. Why not XTR? Because that would bump the cost up even more. Reason for the price increase? All bikes got a 20% bump anyways across the board, not just the Superfly. The rest of the increase? Two things, a new carbon layup in the frame and simple supply and demand. They sold out of the entire production run before a single one ever shippped. Too good a product for too little price. Look at the same spec from Trek, you'll spend a heck of a lot more. And finally, no dice on a Superfly SS unless you are a team member or a shop employee. I wouldn't be upset about it though, it'll be around 2 grand for the frameset, outta your budget if you're bitching about the geared version being 4 grand for the complete bike:D

-Jim.

PS-I may or may not know of a certain someone who will have his hands on a Superfly SS sometime in the near future;)

Takedown

there is really only a handful of bikes that are truly made in the U.S. Mostly small and/or custom frame builders. Cannondale is on its way over seas, if its not there already.

Crap that sucks, as I mentioned before I bought a Fezzari Alta Peak from Fezzari which is a small company in Utah..i think, anyway they use KHS frames. I figured I would use the Alta Peak for my entry level bike and if all goes well I would get a GF or Connondale in a few years because they are great bikes and were stamped "Made in the USA" but by the time I am ready to buy again nothing will be made in the USA but some custom bikes here and there.

Maybe I will buy a Rocky Mountain...at least they are made in Canada which is almost the USA............or are they really made in Canada?

walter

Fourth Party
Maybe I will buy a Rocky Mountain...at least they are made in Canada which is almost the USA............or are they really made in Canada?

I'm pretty sure most, if not all RM's are now made over seas as well. Even if the higher end ones are still made in Canada, the Easton tubing, well, guess where that comes from these days.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I thought Gary was made in America.........or is it only Cannondale now?

Don't get me going on this one, but, nothing is made in america, mostly because americans aren't willing to pay for it...We expect too much product for too little money, and then we want to make too much money for doing too little work and you can't have both. You just can't get a 5 inch travel carbon 29er with full XTR and GPS for $500 without it being made by a 5 year-old that gets paid in bowls of rice:hmmm:

-Jim.

And PS-It doesn't matter even if you buy a frame built here in the US, try building it up with US components!!

Top Bottom