08-10-08 Ringwood Video...

BiknBen

Video from a mtbnj.com team ride at Ringwood SP. We started in the Ryerson Elem. School parking lot and spent a little over three hours riding between there and Shephard Lake. Enjoy!

http://blip.tv/file/1162354

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
it works for me...

good stuff!

Ben, what video editing software are u using?

Mine is crapping out all the time and I dont have any ficken effects...
Ulead Movie factory sucks ass..

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is good stuff, makes me want to go right back. I don't remember Poison Ivy. Looks like fun, hope I enjoyed it.

Did we hit the trail they call Renegade?

BiknBen

Ben, what video editing software are u using?

I'm just using Microsoft Movie Maker. I'm slowly getting more acquainted with some of the features. It does a couple things I don't like. When importing a file into the program, it is divided into many random-length portions. Also, I can only import one .avi file into the program at a time. Other than that, it is fairly easy to use.

I don't remember Poison Ivy. Looks like fun, hope I enjoyed it.

Did we hit the trail they call Renegade?

Poison Ivy was one of the last portions of downhill single-track we did. You did it in last year's race in the other direction.

I don't know of any trail called Renegade. Actually, I don't know any of the trail "names". I was referring to the trail map on RVCC's site while editing the video.

Here is a link to the map: http://www.rvccmtb.com/race maps/RINGWOOD MAP 04-16-08.pdf

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I remember. We took a left-left at the pond, after that rock, and headed mostly downhill? Then we missed the gap in the rock wall and had to double back a few hundred feet?

BiknBen

I think I remember. We took a left-left at the pond, after that rock, and headed mostly downhill? Then we missed the gap in the rock wall and had to double back a few hundred feet?

Yes...that is the spot labeled Poison Ivy on the trail map.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
I don't know of any trail called Renegade. Actually, I don't know any of the trail "names". I was referring to the trail map on RVCC's site while editing the video.

Renegade does not look to be on the map. Its over near the 6 bridges and the school. It was on the sport/expert course 2 years ago, part of the "extended" race trail. There is a small set of switchbacks on the trail.

Glancing Aft

Renegade does not look to be on the map. Its over near the 6 bridges and the school. It was on the sport/expert course 2 years ago, part of the "extended" race trail. There is a small set of switchbacks on the trail.

Renegade is now called Cat Nest Trail, although the new map shows it intersecting black bear trail in the wrong place. From the video it apears that ben and company hit it.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
yeah, why the name change??? did they found a cat nest???
...way back when I started riding we were resting at the end of that trail when a couple of riders rode out of it and one of them said "That is some sweet single track!!"....so I always used to refer to it as "the sweet single track", I didn't knew any trail names back then :D

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
So few trails at RW have an "official" name. A lot depends on what you familiar with and the group you started riding the trails with. For example, I call Cat's Nest/Renegade the "Black trail" or "Secret trail #1"; what is now called Black Bear we'd call "Schoolhouse"; Double S trail we'd call the "Wilkes" trail or "Secret trail #2". Only one that's self-explanatory is Bridges...it's all good...:D

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
yep

So few trails at RW have an "official" name. A lot depends on what you familiar with and the group you started riding the trails with. For example, I call Cat's Nest/Renegade the "Black trail" or "Secret trail #1"; what is now called Black Bear we'd call "Schoolhouse"; Double S trail we'd call the "Wilkes" trail or "Secret trail #2". Only one that's self-explanatory is Bridges...it's all good...:D

I was always under the assumption that CatsNest is the Secret SingleTrack, the Six Bridges is SuperSecret SingleTrack, and Renegade is the Red trail that leads from CatsNest/Secret Single to the school with lots of switchbacks at the top, which is not on that map.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions