2020 garden thread

Ton of blueberries this year. you know they are ready when the birds are in the bushes.

IMG_3576.JPG

Peaches are looking good! need to get some bug spray on them.

IMG_3577.JPG

Concord or Niagra grapes. huge amount on the vines. they taste good for a short period
in the early fall. i should rip them out and plant seedless.
IMG_3575.JPG

Do you have any issues with vine borers with your zucchini? I seem to get them every year.
My wife says we’ve had some in the past but not bad. Her father has a bigger garden than us and has had more trouble with them.

Spinach pesto, not Pesto...in Italy there's even a designated and certified agency to make sure that the name 'Pesto' is not slapped on such abominations...

I'm sure it's delicious, I like both pesto and spinach!

see - these are the same people that attacked John Taylor for using the word ham in his wonderful pork product......

I'm sure we would be flagged for making it with a vitamix instead of the traditional mortar and pestle too. I think I even saw my wife adding walnuts to the recipe once....the horror!

I'm sure we would be flagged for making it with a vitamix instead of the traditional mortar and pestle too. I think I even saw my wife adding walnuts to the recipe once....the horror!

Kind of borderline , pine nuts are supposed to be used according to the official recipe. My mom uses walnuts as well, it's a minor violation...have you ever tried red pesto (never seen it in Italy, only in the US at Home Goods, TJ Max, Burlington and Fairways), it's rather delicious.

Kind of borderline , pine nuts are supposed to be used according to the official recipe. My mom uses walnuts as well, it's a minor violation...have you ever tried red pesto (never seen it in Italy, only in the US at Home Goods, TJ Max, Burlington and Fairways), it's rather delicious.

hmm - adding sun dried tomato. I'd toss in a little pimento also. mmmm. pimento. maybe show up in the cooking thread tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom