Telemark Trails Conditions

Some small stuff down here and there but nothing major that I'm aware of. Tent trail along the river got seriously washed out in the rock garden by the two plank bridge. Looks like the river massively overflowed there and pulled away all the soil around the rocks. Probably going to need some rock work to make it really ridable again.

Looks like the river massively overflowed there and pulled away all the soil around the rocks.

There are two similar rivers on nearby trails that had the same thing happen. The aftermath looks pretty crazy, can't imagine what it looked like when it was happening!

Some small stuff down here and there but nothing major that I'm aware of. Tent trail along the river got seriously washed out in the rock garden by the two plank bridge. Looks like the river massively overflowed there and pulled away all the soil around the rocks. Probably going to need some rock work to make it really ridable again.
i did notice it was a little chunkier the last time i rode. If i get out to ride anytime soon, i'll stop there and try to fill some stuff in.

Rode it all yesterday, it's a little chunkier in that rock garden by the river no doubt but ridable. The biggest issue with that section right now is the ground is totally re-arrange so you don't see the old lines and it kinda gives you a quick brain fart as you enter the section trying to figure out where the trail is. Cleaned up some downed tree limbs across the trails but overall the conditions were great.

And now.... snow.

Rode most everything except iron spirit, trails in great shape. Tons of small sticks and branches down from the wind so watch your derailleurs. One big tree down on “all the cookies” coming down before the log over, might need a reroute rather than a cut. Small tree down in an awkward spot on one of the left hand turns on lake Ames super d.

Rode most everything except iron spirit, trails in great shape. Tons of small sticks and branches down from the wind so watch your derailleurs. One big tree down on “all the cookies” coming down before the log over, might need a reroute rather than a cut. Small tree down in an awkward spot on one of the left hand turns on lake Ames super d.
This was the only thing on Iron Spirit this evening.
u6IdQjweMpkLSO9_edQmRy7KvGlyhwW1Cq5DssUFFKI-2048x1536.jpg

It's already on the Strava base map (the dotted line underneath the red segments, not the user created segments) since none of us can ride without turning on Strava...

Back
Top Bottom