• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
Tell me about it. I have a MY21/22 Canyon Grail-on gravel ebike. Supposed to assist to 28 mph but I was pretty sure assistance was cutting out at 20 mph. Canyon said I could take it to an authorized Bosch dealer to have max speed increased. My local Bosch dealer bike shop ran the motor diagnostic and said they could not increase the max speed because the motor is a Performance Line CX (max 20 mph) instead of a Performance Line Speed (max 28 mph). So, not the right motor even though it had a Performance Line Speed badge on it.

From the ride statistics in the diagnostics report, the motor has 1,959 miles on it. I'd keep it in Eco most of the time (lowest assist level) but report says I did 908 of those miles unassisted (so above 20 mph). I was working harder pushing an ebike every time I got over 20 mph, lol.

Anyway, Canyon did the right thing and sent me a new Performance Line Speed motor and reimbursed me for LBS labor to install.

Now I have a perfectly good Bosch Performance Line CX motor, if someone wants to give me 5 clams for it.

img_2194-jpg.233460
View attachment 233462View attachment 233463View attachment 233465

You wanna go fasta?

You guys will be happy to know that I have found your mecca.... I'm in Zermatt Switzerland... And it is a town where people only get around via bikes...and 99% of all of the bikes are ebikes... They are letterally everywhere
20240305_103628.jpg

Ye shall not be judged here! 😂

You guys will be happy to know that I have found your mecca.... I'm in Zermatt Switzerland... And it is a town where people only get around via bikes...and 99% of all of the bikes are ebikes... They are letterally everywhere
View attachment 233805

Ye shall not be judged here! 😂

The days of the fastest cyclists in the world are from Switzerland must be coming to an end. Can’t get fast with pedal assist.

lol Actually, never. I’m not saying it wouldn’t, it just hasn’t.

It’s actually pretty hard for an e bike to go uphill as fast as a decent rider. 500ish watts max on a full power so a Cat1 can not only put that effort out, but also do it with 25lbs less bike. The flats are where an e bike will rip by you at 20mph

It’s actually pretty hard for an e bike to go uphill as fast as a decent rider. 500ish watts max on a full power so a Cat1 can not only put that effort out, but also do it with 25lbs less bike. The flats are where an e bike will rip by you at 20mph
Wait a second, i thought it was so people could go uphill fast!

That’s true but you’re also on a bike that’s close to 30 lbs heavier.

I’m game to test this.

Also the motor cuts out after it’s max wattage and the rider is left to now put out well over that to go faster. I have dozens and dozens and dozens of e-bike Commutes where I bottomed out the motor every time. It’s not 500+whatever you put out. That’s why I sold all of my e-bikes, it doesn’t help where I actually need it to.

Back
Top Bottom