Allaire Conditions

Is it any better during the week? I usually ride before or around 7am on weekdays but if it's still crazy during those times then I'll just stay local.

Went for the first time today...absolute madhouse...we got there at 7:30 too thinking it would be early enough.

Anyway, we almost got taken out by a kid and his dad flying down Tiger Woods today probably over 15mph. Was pretty pissed, should've said something to the dad...completely irresponsible riding. Kid went into the woods a bit so he didn't crush right into us climbing.

That was probably me and my son. I just looked back at the strava fly by and he was doing about 11 mph when you guys came through. Most the park is overgrown and full of blind corners at the moment and it seems he saw you at the last second and got out of the way the best he could to respect that you were climbing. Many people here know my son, and are aware that he is a competent and respectful rider, and I hope can vouch for his ability. He and I are hardly reckless, but as I said the park is overgrown and sometimes its hard to see whats around the corner.

So I apologize if we somehow ruined your ride. It certainly wasn't intentional.

That was probably me and my son. I just looked back at the strava fly by and he was doing about 11 mph when you guys came through. Most the park is overgrown and full of blind corners at the moment and it seems he saw you at the last second and got out of the way the best he could to respect that you were climbing. Many people here know my son, and are aware that he is a competent and respectful rider, and I hope can vouch for his ability. He and I are hardly reckless, but as I said the park is overgrown and sometimes its hard to see whats around the corner.

So I apologize if we somehow ruined your ride. It certainly wasn't intentional.

All good. You guys were trucking, figured you were both good riders but definitely felt it was a bit fast for how crowded the park was and how tough sand is to stop on IMO. Glad he didn't end up into a tree or into us is all.

Definitely didn't ruin our ride, no worries!

As many times as i've been to allaire on weekends when the lot is 100% full and cars are spilling out onto the various alcoves, i still never really find a ton of what i would consider "trail traffic". Maybe riding places like Clayton, Hartshore and 6 Mi has skewed my view of what trail traffic actually is (trains of 30 riders, bro-tards stopped mid-trail, deaf runners, entitled equestrians, etc) but allaire, as vast as it is, never seems packed when you consider the sheer number of trails and sub-areas you can venture out to. Sure there's the odd chance a bunch of folks are all in one area (usually a short radius of the lot) but thats true of any park.

On the other hand, fat old bags on horses really grind my gears! Can i get an aye-men! 😠😄

On that note i leave you with this sweet video i recorded at Allaire.

As many times as i've been to allaire on weekends when the lot is 100% full and cars are spilling out onto the various alcoves, i still never really find a ton of what i would consider "trail traffic". Maybe riding places like Clayton, Hartshore and 6 Mi has skewed my view of what trail traffic actually is (trains of 30 riders, bro-tards stopped mid-trail, deaf runners, entitled equestrians, etc) but allaire, as vast as it is, never seems packed when you consider the sheer number of trails and sub-areas you can venture out to. Sure there's the odd chance a bunch of folks are all in one area (usually a short radius of the lot) but thats true of any park.

On the other hand, fat old bags on horses really grind my gears! Can i get an aye-men! 😠😄

Wonderful memories though I just re-herniated my disc just watching this!

The drop with the erosion caught me by surprise last time.

Last week I stopped while going uphill for a train coming down. One of the riders (younger kid) slammed into me. Not even a apology from him OR the parents. I finally said somthing to them, and still no response. Fist fight coming soon

The drop with the erosion caught me by surprise last time.

Last week I stopped while going uphill for a train coming down. One of the riders (younger kid) slammed into me. Not even a apology from him OR the parents. I finally said somthing to them, and still no response. Fist fight coming soon
1 week ago the drop had slight erosion but his week it was super bad. I actually filmed the two POVs 1 week apart: the helmet cam from 1 week back and the chesty this past saturday. This last time it was nearly a code brown moment as my ass was buzzing the tire i was so far back. I gotta work on the push off technique for flat drops as this is pretty much that now.

Mountain biking and Martial arts, the Covid Biathalon!

Allaire is a mess!
Tons of branches everywhere and lots of large trees down across many trails, or hung up in the trees above the trails.
We did our beat to clear some of the big stuff when we came upon it but I didn’t have a saw. River Trail has a few large trees down from the parking lot entrance...they were passable but there was a huge tree down by the RC air field that we couldn’t get around.

Last edited:
who is going to clean it up even if it was closed? dont think the horse riders have time to do tm, they cant even clean up after them selves. let the mtb riders in so they can clean it up, we always do.
This is inaccurate. Allaire trails are ooen today thanks to the the JORBA Chapter, Allaire Trail Users Group (ATUG) which is comprised of equestrians, hikers, runners and cyclists.

I'm also disgusted to read forum members here saying conflicts will result in fist fights. We are better than that. At least we used to be.

This is inaccurate. Allaire trails are ooen today thanks to the the JORBA Chapter, Allaire Trail Users Group (ATUG) which is comprised of equestrians, hikers, runners and cyclists.

I'm also disgusted to read forum members here saying conflicts will result in fist fights. We are better than that. At least we used to be.
What Ken said.
Don’t bag on the equestrians that ride allaire, I’ve personally never had a bad conflict with any of them there. It’s our responsibility to dismount and let them pass. Some of them join us on the JORBA TM sessions.

Cleaned up a bit from storm.
20200808_115055.jpg
20200808_114613.jpg
20200808_110846.jpg
20200808_101234.jpg
20200808_101956.jpg
20200808_092534.jpg
20200808_093524.jpg
20200808_105542.jpg

Since when did the smaller trail by the RC airport get so overgrown? Went into the trail after riding through the grass by the runway, and I couldn't get through it

Rode yesterday and it was in good shape. The only obstacle I ran into that wasn't passable was across the street after the wooden ladder bridge before the steep little climb.
Excellent work!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions