Reviving CheeseQuake trail

ekim

You can add a loop that's part fire road and part paved too. Right now the bridge is out by the lake parking lot, but if they're just replacing boards it shouldn't be out for long.

Attachments

• Cqk.jpeg
    Cqk.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 366

walter

Fourth Party
You can also add a loop through the campground and the little bit of stuff on the other side of the parkway. @Dusty the Whale I think got about 13 totals miles a few weeks back

Richard

@Chris Nordt - got me some XT shifter and derailleurs (9-speed, bought 2nd hand but still serves its purpose lol) will be looking out for xt crankset (hollow tech).. maybe we can plug it in sometime summer dude LOL! what tools do I need to buy for installing a crankset? Got the cassette too but just the 9 cogs.. already got the 10-speed shimano..

Richard

Yo! did the trails last week.. seen some fallen logs and trail was muddy.. anyways.. hey @Chris Nordt whats up? Les go!!! its already summer dude! heh

Last edited:

Ronnie B

No updates here? -- Anyone going to CQ trail tomorrow?
I rode it yesterday for the first time in a few years and it was rather discouraging, especially since that's where I first learned to ride. I might try to put a map together of the current trails and the ones now gone, for whatever reason. But I would say more than half the trails or either rendered useless because of huge obstructions or just stopped being maintained or travel. But you can't get any kind of real flow in there and even if you do your chasing doing small loops to get there.

Sad, because at it's prime CQ was a pretty technical trail, it was short but sweet and tough, you'll never ride on more roots in some areas. But it was the prefect trail if you wanted to just a get a quick ride in. :(

Richard

I rode it yesterday for the first time in a few years and it was rather discouraging, especially since that's where I first learned to ride. I might try to put a map together of the current trails and the ones now gone, for whatever reason. But I would say more than half the trails or either rendered useless because of huge obstructions or just stopped being maintained or travel. But you can't get any kind of real flow in there and even if you do your chasing doing small loops to get there.

Sad, because at it's prime CQ was a pretty technical trail, it was short but sweet and tough, you'll never ride on more roots in some areas. But it was the prefect trail if you wanted to just a get a quick ride in. :(
I agree! It used to be short but a good trail.. its still is but not as the old trail that I used to ride on.. sigh

Top Bottom