This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

I looked at the pictures and read the words that weren't too hard.

It was really encouraging that the Constitution loving demonstrators were not carrying automatic weapons and Confederate flags like in Michigan a couple of weekends ago.

Has nothing to do with demonstrations - the point is reopening safely. They are taking all the proper precautions, the police verified as such and let them be.

Reactions: don
It seems like the virus is always ahead of the science. IOW, there are probably quite a few more infections than what we know about.

There are undoubtedly many more infections than we know as most are so mild the infected don't even know it. What I was discussing is the relevance of the "recovered" numbers when they don't jive with the reality of infection, which is basically 2 weeks - you either recover and it's over or die. There's no in between.

I don't know how you are interpreting those graphs or where they came from but is there any validity to "recovered" numbers? They don't appear to mean anything in any country. I would totally discount that metric.

Edit - just looked at worldometer for the US:

1,533,039 cases, 91,096 deaths, 347,225 "recovered". So we are to believe that there are 1,100,000 active infections right now when there have been about 500,000 new cases diagnosed over the last 3 weeks??
Yeah, I'm sure the recovered number is the least reliable. This article looks into it a little:

What I was discussing is the relevance of the "recovered" numbers when they don't jive with the reality of infection, which is basically 2 weeks - you either recover and it's over or die. There's no in between.
Severe cases can go way past 2 weeks.
WebMD said:
What’s the Recovery Time for Coronavirus?
It may take 2 weeks for your body to get over the illness. That’s the average recovery time for mild cases, according to the World Health Organization. For those with severe or critical cases, recovery can take up to 6 weeks.

Cause only the 5th person is dangerous?

Gotta say I really don't understand this.

Because - like @Santa said - do what you are comfortable with. This is my comfort level.

A couple people riding doesn't create a crowd - can easily stay 10 yards apart
within view of each other. doesn't clog the parking lot. hello, ride, see ya.
While there are more people at the sourlands now, there is a risk of riding alone, anywhere.
just like there is a chance of riding off the road and not being found for a couple hours
cause nobody is watching the phone move.

Also nice to see a few people - good for the mental health.

Because - like @Santa said - do what you are comfortable with. This is my comfort level.

A couple people riding doesn't create a crowd - can easily stay 10 yards apart
within view of each other. doesn't clog the parking lot. hello, ride, see ya.
While there are more people at the sourlands now, there is a risk of riding alone, anywhere.
just like there is a chance of riding off the road and not being found for a couple hours
cause nobody is watching the phone move.

Also nice to see a few people - good for the mental health.

I thought we were talking about the risk of getting infected with covid. If you want to lump in any risk, that's a whole different ball game. Anywho, whatever floats your boat. In covid-central NJ, I'm staying away from other cyclists until I find out if I've had it already.

Reactions: roc
In case you haven’t read enough articles, here’s a good summary of C19 risk. Sure would love to see this kind of info coming from a Govt agency.

In case you haven’t read enough articles, here’s a good summary of C19 risk. Sure would love to see this kind of info coming from a Govt agency.

interesting - so applying this to riding, where there is airflow in "predictable" relative directions, and spacing.
In a direct downwind from someone "breathing hard" - one could take a heavy load - any cross wind
at all would eliminate most exposure.

just for reference - 9mph with 10 yards between is about 2.2 seconds.

lesson - be aware of the wind, chat with a cross wind. don't yell!
----
We kept it very casual on our ride Sunday. most of the effort was spend on sessioning, and we were
well separated - in my comfort zone.

I haven't had much to say here, but from my experiences during the last week or so, social distancing/mask wearing is dead outside of well controlled areas (stores, work, etc.). People are fed up and it shows. People showing up at my house (acquaintances, etc.) are kind of looking for clues, but if I don't immediately grab my mask, they don't either.

I was at Chimney Rock today and here are some observations:
  • Newmans Lane lot completely full, no one wearing masks (including me).
  • Full on street hockey game going on at the ball field court
  • Basketball game going on 50 feet away
  • Groups of 15-20 teens gathered around the park and at the trail entrances, had to ride around one to get out to Gilbride.
My thoughts are whatever is going to happen now is going to happen, no putting the genie back in the bottle. Good luck with masks and social distancing once the shore traffic really starts.

I looked at the pictures and read the words that weren't too hard.

It was really encouraging that the Constitution loving demonstrators were not carrying automatic weapons and Confederate flags like in Michigan a couple of weekends ago.

If you're going to try and make a point at least be correct. No one was carrying automatic weapons in Michigan. Learn the difference.

#toptenpost

IMG_20200519_090001-01.jpeg

Essential Service

If you're going to try and make a point at least be correct. No one was carrying automatic weapons in Michigan. Learn the difference.

Sure, SEMI automatic...or had they been illegally converted??? I couldn't tell.

But let's move on to the flags. The black Michigan lawmaker said that he felt intimidated.

What do you think @Tim ?

IMG_20181213_132542-01.jpeg

Sure, SEMI automatic...or had they been illegally converted??? I couldn't tell.
IDK... those Michigan dudes did not look like the "right to bear arms" to defend myself demeanor
They looked more like... "mess with me and I am going to f you up!" Maybe I am stereotyping.

Don't know much about fire arms... but I am pretty sure I saw something like them in Rambo.
:shrug:

Reactions: roc
IDK... those Michigan dudes did not look like the "right to bear arms" to defend myself demeanor
They looked more like... "mess with me and I am going to f you up!" Maybe I am stereotyping.

Don't know much about fire arms... but I am pretty sure I saw something like them in Rambo.
:shrug:

Maybe we should turn this into a 2nd Amendment thread?

IMG_20200323_141618-01.jpeg

I think a really big problem right now is misinformation. It would be really great if everyone could put their agenda aside for once.
Michigan has a pretty serious history with extreme militias older article but still a prevalent group obviously.

In my opinion there behavior has nothing to do with guns but severe extremism and anti government leanings. My company has an office in Grand Rapids MI and the people I spoke with says this group is real scary.

I have no desire to discuss politics but an anti government militia group marching on govt offices is 3rd world scary.

For once Facebook Ads nailed it. Coronavirus World Tour death metal tee. The back originally had the number of deaths at time of printing but some pansy whined about that being insensitive or some shit. Because you know, death metal is all about being sensitive.

20200519_194509.jpg

Back
Top Bottom