What's the best park in nj?

Best park(add your park in the comments and it will be added)

• Mooch

• Ringwood

• Wayway

• Wildcat

• Jungle

• 6 mile

• Creek

• Lewmo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why limit to NJ? Why not do a 90 min drive circumference? If you're in the south that eliminates a lot of NJ parks. Same if you do a 2.5 hour circumference. Just saying.

Candyass is a love/hate trail mostly hate which is why 90% skip it. It's a session trail that needs repeating over and over. Fun fact top part of candy was originally a moto trials course back in its day. Obviously massaged since then. To run that trail top to bottom is counting how many dabs you had.

Rolly is super fun high roller flow trail.

Lumpy is bumpy :)

Dan's is another feature trail not often part of the routine.

Add those up with some hidden gems to me makes a pretty boss day and sore body.

I would need a tour to pass judgement big guy

I thought Wawayanda was the best, hands down? Also, I feel like there's probably ten trails at Ringwood better than Blueberry Way :p
Possibly, but I love bombing down that one, not up it!
what are the other ones? I’m sitting here drinking a few beers, I’m ready for any debate.

Candyass is a love/hate trail mostly hate which is why 90% skip it. It's a session trail that needs repeating over and over. Fun fact top part of candy was originally a moto trials course back in its day. Obviously massaged since then. To run that trail top to bottom is counting how many dabs you had.

Rolly is super fun high roller flow trail.

Lumpy is bumpy :)

Dan's is another feature trail not often part of the routine.

Add those up with some hidden gems to me makes a pretty boss day and sore body.
Last time I rode Candy (couple years ago) it was so overgrown and un-maintained. It was a hate. Rolly was not maintained either, surprisingly.

I love my local trails. Harts/Huber are great riding. They are also pretty weather proof, so I get to ride more. But, they lack some of the cool tech features you get in the north. My favorite park so far was WayWay. Good bit of rocks and boulders, but also had some good flow mixed in. I still have a lot of parks to visit though and this cannot be answered definitively.
Same here, the few times I've ridden wayway have been epic.

After the pandemic come join us on the fri rides. We can alternate driving

Last time I rode Candy (couple years ago) it was so overgrown and un-maintained. It was a hate. Rolly was not maintained either, surprisingly.
Rolly always made me more nervous than candyass. I am not a big fan of those big rolling boulders. Candyass is/was(haven’t ridden it in a few years) more demanding overall, but for some reason, I’m more afraid on Rolly Poly

Possibly, but I love bombing down that one, not up it!
what are the other ones? I’m sitting here drinking a few beers, I’m ready for any debate.

Yellow is the best. Skylands and red are also amazing, as is red coming down from TOS. The race trail switchbacks, cat's nest/renegade, double s, six bridges, white, blue, green leaf, that crossover trail toward Sterling, all way better than Blueberry. There's also the governor trails and some other stuff that you're not supposed to ride.

Yellow is the best. Skylands and red are also amazing, as is red coming down from TOS. The race trail switchbacks, cat's nest/renegade, double s, six bridges, white, blue, green leaf, that crossover trail toward Sterling, all way better than Blueberry. There's also the governor trails and some other stuff that you're not supposed to ride.
Governor's loop is a no-no? Used to ride that a lot.

Tough to argue with those points. Especially the governor side. You are way out of line on six bridges, yes, it’s great, but for a fat slob like me, it’s a long haul, plus you have to come up that doubletrack/fire road to get back. What a beast. Red down is awesome, no doubt. That new trail to the bottom from sheppards is awesome, forgot about that. Not sure where the race trail switchbacks are, is that going down to sheppards, and puts you on the fire road right by the boat dock? Great trail, still not as fun as letting it rip on blueberry.
cat’s nest is great, not sure where double s is. Most likely, me and my buddies call it something else.

not sure where double s is

It's the trail you take down to six bridges.

You are way out of line on six bridges, yes, it’s great, but for a fat slob like me, it’s a long haul

So the trail is great but it doesn't count because it's far away? PS, I just checked strava, and it's 0.8 miles to six bridges from the school.

plus you have to come up that doubletrack/fire road to get back.

Yeah, that part sucks, but it doesn't make six bridges suck.

Not sure where the race trail switchbacks are, is that going down to sheppards, and puts you on the fire road right by the boat dock?

Yeah, the race trail starts over by the lake.

still not as fun as letting it rip on blueberry

To each his own.

Since when do you avoid those? ??

This is my ship!

53697461.jpg

It's the trail you take down to six bridges. So the trail is great but it doesn't count because it's far away? PS, I just checked strava, and it's 0.8 miles to six bridges from the school. Yeah, that part sucks, but it doesn't make six bridges suck. Yeah, the race trail starts over by the lake.

so double s is awesome, I love the lookout right before you get into the meat of that trail. when I said that six bridges is a haul, I didn't mean it was far away, I meant for a guy who is not in the shape he should be(nobody's fault but my own) that the trail itself is a slog. Maybe I need to change my vote to Ringwood?
and you are right, yellow is the bees knees.

Back
Top Bottom