What's the best park in nj?

Best park(add your park in the comments and it will be added)

• Mooch

• Ringwood

• Wayway

• Wildcat

• Jungle

• 6 mile

• Creek

• Lewmo

Results are only viewable after voting.

TimBay

I love my local trails. Harts/Huber are great riding. They are also pretty weather proof, so I get to ride more. But, they lack some of the cool tech features you get in the north. My favorite park so far was WayWay. Good bit of rocks and boulders, but also had some good flow mixed in. I still have a lot of parks to visit though and this cannot be answered definitively.

mtn

Shouldn’t Stokes be on there? Lmao. Jk. Walked quite a bit there today.

SmooveP

I like them all. Each one is special in its own special way. Just like al of you special snowflakes.

phillychris498

This reminds me of an idea I had during a ride at Ringwood on Friday. Lately, I've seen march madness style bracket tournaments being held online with crowd-based voting to determine the winner of matchups. I wanted to set one up to determine the best trail in New Jersey, with a limit of 3 trails for any one given park, but we can set up a bracket first to determine the best park in NJ.

We would an even amount of trail systems in 2 (or maybe 4) separate "brackets", hopefully with categories (either geographically or by trail style) for the brackets. I'd love to get this organized in another thread to organize voting and the creation of the bracket.

roc

This reminds me of an idea I had during a ride at Ringwood on Friday. Lately, I've seen march madness style bracket tournaments being held online with crowd-based voting to determine the winner of matchups. I wanted to set one up to determine the best trail in New Jersey, with a limit of 3 trails for any one given park, but we can set up a bracket first to determine the best park in NJ.

We would an even amount of trail systems in 2 (or maybe 4) separate "brackets", hopefully with categories (either geographically or by trail style) for the brackets. I'd love to get this organized in another thread to organize voting and the creation of the bracket.
“new white trail down at ringwood”.
trestle hustle in mooch
blueberry way, ringwood.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

What would we do a survey monkey to collect contenders and then do rank choice voting where the last option gets eliminated and those people revote? I'm down

Off The Road Again

Wawayanda. Lots of miles and diverse trails. Most can be ridden either direction and still be fun. Locally for me though, Chimney Rock. Can mix up the trails in so many ways.

phillychris498

What do you all think of this format for an elimination style bracket? Still have to make seeding.

NJ bracket 2.png

Off The Road Again

What do you all think of this format for an elimination style bracket? Still have to make seeding.

View attachment 124563
I'll play, but only give my 1-2 seeds for each bracket:
Far North: 1. Waway, 2. Ringwood
Mid North: 1. Mooch North, 2. High Mt.
Central Jerz: 1. Chimney Rock, 2. Sourlands
Southish Jerz: 1. Allaire, 2. Hartshorne

No prejudice, ridden a lot of places/states. NJ has some of the best trail systems I've seen. And lots of rocks!!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Candyass is a love/hate trail mostly hate which is why 90% skip it. It's a session trail that needs repeating over and over. Fun fact top part of candy was originally a moto trials course back in its day. Obviously massaged since then. To run that trail top to bottom is counting how many dabs you had.

Rolly is super fun high roller flow trail.

Lumpy is bumpy :)

Dan's is another feature trail not often part of the routine.

Add those up with some hidden gems to me makes a pretty boss day and sore body.

Top Bottom