This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Looking into a short 5 day cruise in October. $350/pp out of Bayonne. I figure this will either be over by then or World War Z will have occurred and paper money will have no value.
I dont understand why people go on these shitty floating hotels.....seriously, if you want an amazing boat experience that is 50 times better.....Do a charter cruise around the virgin islands on a ~70' catamaran.

I dont understand why people go on these shitty floating hotels.....seriously, if you want an amazing boat experience that is 50 times better.....Do a charter cruise around the virgin islands on a ~70' catamaran.

That's on the bucket list.

Anyone making DIY hand sanitizers?
Put Isopropyl in a travel spray bottle.
60-ml-high-shoulder-clear-black-sprayer__51599.1513273517.490.588.jpg

Heading to NOLA Wednesday for $133 round trip. Creole seasoning kills everything anyway.

Looking into a short 5 day cruise in October. $350/pp out of Bayonne. I figure this will either be over by then or World War Z will have occurred and paper money will have no value.

we're going to a family reunion in Vegas in may. still waiting to finalize reservations, prices are dropping!

better off just washing your hands thoroughly. best thing you can do is stay away from people!
True but since I am back in the city for work... gonna need those hand sanitizers for the bus and the subway.
Started coming in early to try to avoid rush hr. So far... haven't seen too many ppl coughing.

Anyone making DIY hand sanitizers?

I just spoke to my mom in Italy, I'm getting worried because she's 77 and recovering from years of neglecting herself in order to nurse my father. Things are getting rather nasty, with the whole country basically on lock down, access to supermarkets being controlled by the police and cleaning supplies being nowhere to be seen or priced at their weight in gold...so even not being affected is really not a nice going right now.

Back in the day when I was in the lab and this hand sanitizing thing took off, the company I worked for wanted in on the action. In studies, good-old hand washing was just as good, and in some cases better, than sanitizing with alcohol-based sanitizers. This was against bacteria. Virus's are a whole different story though. Alcohol works against some the enveloped ones (Corona, Influenza), but doesn't do shit against un-enveloped virus's like Coxsackie, Rota, Noro and Rhino. Bottom line is wash your hands thoroughly when you get to where you're going, and until then keep them away from your face, and when you eat out try to eat cooked, not raw foods. All of this reduces your chances, but nothing will ever reduce them 100%.

Back in the day when I was in the lab and this hand sanitizing thing took off, the company I worked for wanted in on the action. In studies, good-old hand washing was just as good, and in some cases better, than sanitizing with alcohol-based sanitizers. This was against bacteria. Virus's are a whole different story though. Alcohol works against some the enveloped ones (Corona, Influenza), but doesn't do shit against un-enveloped virus's like Coxsackie, Rota, Noro and Rhino. Bottom line is wash your hands thoroughly when you get to where you're going, and until then keep them away from your face, and when you eat out try to eat cooked, not raw foods. All of this reduces your chances, but nothing will ever reduce them 100%.

The company I worked for sold antibacterial hand soaps containing triclosan. I worked in oral care, not body care, but knew they struggled to clinically prove it worked any better than the same surfactant formulations without triclosan. Oral care was a different story - very effective in reducing plaque and gingivitis.

I just spoke to my mom in Italy, I'm getting worried because she's 77 and recovering from years of neglecting herself in order to nurse my father. Things are getting rather nasty, with the whole country basically on lock down, access to supermarkets being controlled by the police and cleaning supplies being nowhere to be seen or priced at their weight in gold...so even not being affected is really not a nice going right now.
My FIL and MIL are in South Korea and considering their age... and to add my FIL is not really in good health right now so they are nervous...

My favorite quote about cruises (or being on a boat in general): "It's like being in jail with a chance of drowning." - Samuel Johnson

Back
Top Bottom