• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
The theme seems to be that “an ebike might work for me when I get much older”, however that seems a little counterintuitive. With slower reflexes, less strength, bones that are more brittle; throwing a leg over a 50+lb bike that will allow you go just as fast, if not faster as when you were in your prime just sounds like a recipe for a hospital visit.

The theme seems to be that “an ebike might work for me when I get much older”, however that seems a little counterintuitive. With slower reflexes, less strength, bones that are more brittle; throwing a leg over a 50+lb bike that will allow you go just as fast, if not faster as when you were in your prime just sounds like a recipe for a hospital visit.

Bro, when you get "that old", any type of impact with the ground is a recipe for a hospital visit.

Except that by that time ebikes will weigh less than 32 lbs and have longer battery life.

Liberty state park is a state park. I think they might enforce the law there.
Kinda whip-it-out and go over the sea wall isn't cool....
same with dog poop - who cares if the dog goes in the woods - but path next to the playground is an issue....
nobody is going to say anything to anyone ebiking in the woods of wayway. don't be buzzing the people and horses along the canal path in lambertville.

Liberty state park is a state park. I think they might enforce the law there.
Kinda whip-it-out and go over the sea wall isn't cool....
same with dog poop - who cares if the dog goes in the woods - but path next to the playground is an issue....
nobody is going to say anything to anyone ebiking in the woods of wayway. don't be buzzing the people and horses along the canal path in lambertville.
Hmm, I figured the canal paths would be legal for ebikes?

I met a 75 year old guy on the trails last year. Said he couldn't really make it up the climbs anymore so he got an e bike. Now he races his grandkids around the trails. He seemed pretty fit, just needed a little boost to keep him going.

Jee-bike.jpg

Does anybody know If I get an e-fatbike, am I allowed to ride the groomed trails in Vermont or New York ?

Does anybody know If I get an e-fatbike, am I allowed to ride the groomed trails in Vermont or New York ?
It was mentioned earlier in this thread VT seems to be vehemently anti-eBike, so not likely there. From my experience, NY seems to be a bit more loose, so you might be able to get away with it depending on the park in question.

So this was what this thread was really started for.

5B9F503B-73EA-41A3-9817-2339BEDAA225.jpeg

I’ve know about this bike for some time but I was sworn to secrecy.. SC did an amazing job of keeping this thing quiet and with the exception of two bad photos, you couldn’t see pics of these anywhere.

It should be noted that SC has said forever that they would never do an ebike. So this is never.

The significance here is that th se guys are the #1 mtb brand in the states and by legitimizing ebikes I’m certain that it will make some people give a bit more credibility to the concept. For those who don’t know the Heckler was their mtb that they released in 1996. This bike has little in common with that besides the name, but bringing that moniker back has some significance for sure.

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/heckler

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/santa-cruz-e-bike-heckler-interview-2020.html
Rob Robscopp predicts that within 5 years, 50%off all bike they make will be e-bikes.

Like they say... Let the Heckling Begin.

Last edited:
For those who don’t know the Heckler was their first mtb that they released in 1996.
Screenshot_20200211-062711_Chrome.jpg

I owned one, plus 2 hecklers 2 super8s
1 bullit and 1 nomad.
So personally I hate that they are using the old heckler moniker, but I digress. Moving forward is the industry. Who knows I am getting closer to Old in a Way :) I will need a fishing pole transporter in retirement.

View attachment 118805
I owned one, plus 2 hecklers 2 super8s
1 bullit and 1 nomad.
So personally I hate that they are using the old heckler moniker, but I digress. Moving forward is the industry. Who knows I am getting closer to Old in a Way :) I will need a fishing pole transporter in retirement.

I forgot about the Tazmon. The funny thing is that all of their mdia stuff calls out the Heckler as theri first bike. The story does sound better that way I guess..

So this was what this thread was really started for.

View attachment 118804

I’ve know about this bike for some time but I was sworn to secrecy.. SC did an amazing job of keeping this thing quiet and with the exception of two bad photos, you couldn’t see pics of these anywhere.

It should be noted that SC has said forever that they would never do an ebike. So this is never.

The significance here is that th se guys are the #1 mtb brand in the states and by legitimizing ebikes I’m certain that it will make some people give a bit more credibility to the concept. For those who don’t know the Heckler was their first mtb that they released in 1996. This bike has little in common with that besides the name, but bringing that moniker back has some significance for sure.

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/heckler

Like they say... Let the Heckling Begin.

That is so damn sexy! And "Heckler" is the perfect name for an eBike. :D

Back
Top Bottom