Going Long and Hard.

Same. 5'9" 180 pounds. I've stopped thinking about being Cyclist thin a long time ago and just play to my strengths. Not that numbers are exciting in any way, but my current FTP is 390 watts. That puts my w/Kg at 4.77 which is fine for Cat1.

The Endurance side of things of course is a lot different as I can sit at around 3 -3.5w/Kg.

Either way, training for the ITI has almost nothing to do with cycling fitness. I need to work on using the muscle fibers, under the muscle fibers, under those muscle fibers, so I have a back-up, back-up, back-up plan.

We all just watched Alex DNF Fat Pursuit because he only brought a world class cycling fitness to the game.

Proper Grip work!!! Trust. ?

See ultimately you want to work the nervous system. Muscle irradiation son. Look at those fingers working! Forearm is flexing without clenching a fist?
D216E1CA-66C6-4285-AF8B-B4A7E654B1ED.jpeg

Same. 5'9" 180 pounds. I've stopped thinking about being Cyclist thin a long time ago and just play to my strengths. Not that numbers are exciting in any way, but my current FTP is 390 watts. That puts my w/Kg at 4.77 which is fine for Cat1.

The Endurance side of things of course is a lot different as I can sit at around 3 -3.5w/Kg.

Either way, training for the ITI has almost nothing to do with cycling fitness. I need to work on using the muscle fibers, under the muscle fibers, under those muscle fibers, so I have a back-up, back-up, back-up plan.

We all just watched Alex DNF Fat Pursuit because he only brought a world class cycling fitness to the game.

Been following Reba and JP’s Instagram feeds...... I’m beginning to think that the FP is the ideal crucible for winter FatBike and Gear product testing. Not taking anything away from ITI, that’s king of the mountain, but it’s too far and isolated for rapid prototyping to be viable $$$$$ wise.

Been following Reba and JP’s Instagram feeds...... I’m beginning to think that the FP is the ideal crucible for winter FatBike and Gear product testing. Not taking anything away from ITI, that’s king of the mountain, but it’s too far and isolated for rapid prototyping to be viable $$$$$ wise.

Fat Pursuit is significantly harder than the 350ITI. The Yellowstone Area has the greatest fluctuation of weather anywhere on earth. Like the year it was -50 overnight and 40 degrees the following day. It can snow multiple feet without ever showing up on radar. You literally need to be ready for anything. The race to Nome is of course it's own beast, but mostly it's all just cold.

Relative strength is simply a result of well developed neurological system. Proper grip work works that system really well.

Why do strength guys wear a mouth piece?

Strength is a skill. Period

Listen, in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow has to beat it's wings 43 times per second, right?

The time on the bike pretty much cancels out any size gains I would get doing this on it's own. My calorie deficits are always too high to put on any muscle, so it all just goes towards strength, muscle endurance, and most importantly, range of motion.

Here's today in Calories. To put on muscle I'd need to eat about 3,000 more calories for the day. I'm basically just staying the same size and weight, but leaner and denser. It looks a little like I have some gains but I'm just losing fat and the muscle is coming through. I did lose 4 inches off my waist though.

View attachment 116199
Those Morning Star Sausage Patties are delicious. Just bought two boxes from Costco.

Those Morning Star Sausage Patties are delicious. Just bought two boxes from Costco.

Which one? The one on Rt22 stopped carrying them. Now we have to go to Target and clear out the stock once a week. We eat 2 bags of them a day in our house.

I've been using this since I was 14, does it count?

PAPMACJEOFFOIKFB_is
Thats for pinch grip! Really good for working the pinky which is the achilles heal. When you work that focus on you shoulder you had surgery on. Then your lats, then your glutes ,then digging your feet into the ground. That is neurological strength training. Not how much weight and how many times.

Last edited:
Looks easy right? It took everything from curling my toes to the ground to squeezing my other hand and everything in between to hold the quarter there for 5 seconds. Do that throughout the day.
4C500054-6EF8-4FF8-9C9E-5ABD395DCB66.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom