Sirius XM chatter

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Getting ready to make the bi-yearly "I am calling to cancel unless I get a deal" renewal call....What is the best deal going right now.

Pagliacci

Getting ready to make the bi-yearly "I am calling to cancel unless I get a deal" renewal call....What is the best deal going right now.
I just did this dance the other day when I noticed they were charging me 28 and change every month; I cancelled and they countered with 99 for the year, I said no and the rep "checked with a manager", and it turns out that I DO qualify for the 60 per year price.

That seems fair to me, and they credited me for the overage I've paid already. I'm happy, but I hate that I have to do this every year.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
3. Best deal you can get right now is about $120/yr for everything. You'll need to call and negotiate.
"I can afford about $115/yr" - lots of balking - maybe a transfer - then you'll get an offer. you will need to do
this every year. pay for the year all at once, and put a credit card on account.

This is hilarious, when I worked for bby people would get a new unit and move their subscription over. Once they set up the new unit they would deactivate the old one over the air, the thing is it would only work if they had their antenna plugged in. After 2 months or so the deactivate signal would stop and you would have free service for the life of the unit.

Our gm at the time had tried it with his oem radio and it worked.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, I just did the 12 months for $72 (after all taxes and royalties) again for my Mom's CX-5.

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Thanks for the info, guys. I just got off a 40 minute phone call with them. Got all 7 radios set up for another year for $60/yr. each radio, plus taxes/fees. The guy Mike was very helpful and professional....the length of call was because they have to key in each radio/billing fee individually....Bizarro to me, but that is the system, I just did other work while he typed everything in and get it all set up. Good for another year!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This is hilarious, when I worked for bby people would get a new unit and move their subscription over. Once they set up the new unit they would deactivate the old one over the air, the thing is it would only work if they had their antenna plugged in. After 2 months or so the deactivate signal would stop and you would have free service for the life of the unit.

Our gm at the time had tried it with his oem radio and it worked.

This is a known hack. We don't advocate stealing services.

The new radios are internet connected through the car so they will know. Not sure what the policy will be.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Re-uped my subscription yesterday. Every year I tell them "things change & streaming services are so good these days" and I get it for like $70. Been a subscriber for 12 years... originally went over because of Opie & Anthony and Ron & Fez shows.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I couldn't get the free trial in the shitbox Chrysler. I was told it was an older Sirius radio and it wouldn't accept the signal properly on free trials. Apparently the older XM and newer SiriusXM radios are fine.

trener1

KInd of a left field question here but figured I'd post just in case someone had some insight, I had Sirius activated for a year when I first got my car, then canceled it, then I decided to reactivate, but I can't get any signal, the part where it says siruis is great out, then I realized that a couple of years ago I had to have some work done on my sunroof, so I am guessing that while there pulling the roof panel they must have disconnected the antenna, short of paying a couple hundred $$ for my machanic to go pullinbg the roof apart and looking for a loose wire (which I am not prepared to do), does anyone have an idea of what I can do to get it working?

Patrick

Staff member
KInd of a left field question here but figured I'd post just in case someone had some insight, I had Sirius activated for a year when I first got my car, then canceled it, then I decided to reactivate, but I can't get any signal, the part where it says siruis is great out, then I realized that a couple of years ago I had to have some work done on my sunroof, so I am guessing that while there pulling the roof panel they must have disconnected the antenna, short of paying a couple hundred $$ for my machanic to go pullinbg the roof apart and looking for a loose wire (which I am not prepared to do), does anyone have an idea of what I can do to get it working?

@Dingo can fix it! depending on the type of car.

you can always get the weather/how to order station on a sirius radio - if it is greyed out, it isn't the antenna, it thinks that isn't a valid input.
probably needs to be set to selectable on some setting page? (guess)

trener1

It's totally greyed out, it doesn't get any sample channels or anything, its been that way for a couple of years.
But it did work for a while, I had a subscription when I first got the car, never changed any settings (that I am aware of), now I am like hey Sirius, I want to give you my money LOL, if only I can figure out how to get the thing to work.

@Dingo can fix it! depending on the type of car.

you can always get the weather/how to order station on a sirius radio - if it is greyed out, it isn't the antenna, it thinks that isn't a valid input.
probably needs to be set to selectable on some setting page? (guess)

Patrick

Staff member
I couldn't get the free trial in the shitbox Chrysler. I was told it was an older Sirius radio and it wouldn't accept the signal properly on free trials. Apparently the older XM and newer SiriusXM radios are fine.

this doesn't sound right - i'll check.
What year & model car?
I'll assume it is a built-in radio.

Grab the ESN off the radio too please.

Last edited:

Dingo

Usually greyed out means the antenna is compromised. We use a test antenna to plug into the back of the radio.

Top Bottom