Who are you?

Sign up for cat 2 in H2H series... Then we can race a whole bunch! First race is March 21, 2020 so there's plenty of prep time!

https://www.bikereg.com/mayhem-mountain-bike-race0

Thinking of doing this as my first race, but would like to pre-ride it before committing. Does anyone have a GPX/TCX file for this course? Also, I looked on the website and the race times are only shown for category winners. Does anyone know what the average/median race times per category might be for 45+ers?

Tx!

Thinking of doing this as my first race, but would like to pre-ride it before committing. Does anyone have a GPX/TCX file for this course? Also, I looked on the website and the race times are only shown for category winners. Does anyone know what the average/median race times per category might be for 45+ers?

Tx!

I think this is on private property and not available for pre ride until closer to the race. Maybe @KenS knows?

Either way, this is by far the least technical race in H2H.
It’s actually kind of painful because you are constantly pedaling. Definitely nothing to keep you from racing.

I did 4 laps last year and it was maybe 1:50? I think they may add some trail and make it 1 shorter for the next race though.

I have ridden with members from Team MTBNJ that had to walk over half of the logs at Allaire. Don’t put the experience on a pedestal, er something like that.

I suck at hopping logs, or anything else, plus, I’ve ridden Allaire like 4 times ever, so while I resemble that remark..

1575333012504.gif

Experience - 1992 to 1995, 2006 or so until now.

Fitness - Indirect relationship to posts in the beer thread. Current beer consumption level is high

Skills - I walk most logs. But solid intermediate otherwise.

Fear Factor - Hahahahaaaaa. I will avoid most sketchy shit.

Thank you @MissJR! Given that pre-riding might be a challenge a point of reference would be helpful in terms of comparable pace. How would you say this compares to 6MR?
Soooooo much flatter.
Soooooo much faster.

been riding bikes since forever serious riding mtb since 94
fitness not as fast as I was and not as fast as I'd like to be age and life fucks with you
skills I don't want to break anymore ribs
fear dont like skinnies or logovers

I think this is on private property and not available for pre ride until closer to the race. Maybe @KenS knows?

Either way, this is by far the least technical race in H2H.
It’s actually kind of painful because you are constantly pedaling. Definitely nothing to keep you from racing.

I did 4 laps last year and it was maybe 1:50? I think they may add some trail and make it 1 shorter for the next race though.

Scout camp. Access with permission only. The promoter has done scheduled pre-rides in the past. FB page for updates.

Back
Top Bottom