Wanted light for helmet.

TimBay

Looking for a light for my helmet. I have a go pro mount so would be ideal if it can mount directly on that. Retail suggestions welcome also.
Trying to keep it under a hundo. Thanks.

You can get pretty cheap adapters to GoPro type mount for pretty much any light out there. On the helmet, I like the Niterider 750 Micro. The velcro mount to the helmet costs about as much as the GoPro adapter I found by quick Google, if it matters.

I still run my original Magicshine lamp almost every day, plus two clones I purchased in 2015 (currently on Amazon for $21.65). The Magishine has a good spread, not a flood and not a spot. The clones have a narrow pattern, which was solved widened with this diffuser lens. For my bar-mounted light I also stepped up to a 7800mah battery, and can get in my M-F rides on one charge!

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 8.43.47 PM.png

Last edited:
I have tried the nite rider stuff and the beam patterns are inferior to light and motion. I have been on the light and motion urban series for a long time now and they are great.

In what way? Serious question, never used L&M.
Idk what light and motion does but the nite rider beams just seemed to be less dense. I know companies tried to make less of a hot spot but the night rider I had seemed to have a strong halo and a less and a hot spot in the middle

It could 100% be I am used to L&M

I'd like to know how well that battery works in real world riding conditions, and 18 months later. I like the combined package size!
Yeah, that's an interesting question for any light. Also, 2 hour life on 1 hour charge seems insane. But it does look like a great package. Magicshine has some cool options too. hmm.

just got a cheapy - it is "acceptable" for trail - not for road.
i run a cheap cree magic shine thing 1200 on the handlebar with a diffuser, it lights up everything.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B076WCH2LV/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_pGxIDb3KCQ2BF
oooohhh. Looks like a go pro style mount option there? Was thinking of trying the Bright Eyes for the bar. My neighbor just got one and likes it alright. This could be a good entry for the helmet. I'm honestly not looking to use it all the time, but with daylight shrinking, I figured I'm gonna be riding out in the dark and needs me some lights. So I'm figuring on something that I'll only need to run for like 45 minutes at a clip. (I say that now and am sure I'll get bit by the night wolf and wanna use lights all the time)

We're running out of light. As Robert Frost wrote in his poem, The Oven Bird, "Fall". Kind of says it all, doesn't it?

oooohhh. Looks like a go pro style mount option there? Was thinking of trying the Bright Eyes for the bar. My neighbor just got one and likes it alright. This could be a good entry for the helmet. I'm honestly not looking to use it all the time, but with daylight shrinking, I figured I'm gonna be riding out in the dark and needs me some lights. So I'm figuring on something that I'll only need to run for like 45 minutes at a clip. (I say that now and am sure I'll get bit by the night wolf and wanna use lights all the time)

We're running out of light. As Robert Frost wrote in his poem, The Oven Bird, "Fall". Kind of says it all, doesn't it?

i wouldn't use it on the road - beam isn't bright or focused enough.
it is a gopro mount. i haven't tested it, but it looks like one.
will be using it tomorrow and wednesday again - will report back.
the rear blinky they include is bright and annoying - just like it should be.

i wouldn't use it on the road - beam isn't bright or focused enough.
it is a gopro mount. i haven't tested it, but it looks like one.
will be using it tomorrow and wednesday again - will report back.
the rear blinky they include is bright and annoying - just like it should be.
Yeah, I don't ride road, just need to get back to my car. Or get started if I do an early morning ride. Please let me know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom