Bikepack to JORBA NJ Mountain bike Festival

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last year I ran into @trailhead in the parking lot at Wildcat when he was near the start of his journey from Rockaway to Ringwood. This year I ran into him and his group pretty much in the middle of nowhere up near Green Pond Ridge.

C08EA5A3-350D-4A82-BB2D-3544543689D0.jpeg

Where will I randomly run into him next year?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone up for riding to the festival Saturday?

I'll be doing Lucky Cross on Saturday afternoon, which means that Saturday morning I'll be out and about in that area. Maybe I'll run into you randomly for the third year in a row :)

zip

I really enjoyed this last year and am planning to join this again, as a day ride this time. Norm took us to some places that were a real north NJ adventure.

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Could be interested if time is right. I'd be leaving from my house so I probably need a couple hours to get to Rockaway.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
depending on the route I select, 35 to 50 miles. Prior years , it took 5 hours or more, and we arrived towards dusk. I want to keep the vibe fun and so would like to have the full day and leave by 9-10am. Folks are welcome to camp out at my place Friday night.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hm. I could probably get to you by 10am. If you have the route I could probably catch you guys if needed.

xc62701

Do Lucky Charm Cross on your way up to the mtb fest! Mtb’s Without bar ends are welcome in any race!!!

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
If anyone else is interested that has the fitness, but not the gear, I can set you up.
I have extra bags and tents.

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
Bike Tour...aka...Bikepack...to the JORBA NJ Mountain Bike Festival at Shepherd Lake in Ringwood State Park.
Depart on Saturday 9/25/21 around 9am from the Rockaway - Denville area
If camping you must register ahead of time to secure a camping spot.....act now!

https://jorba.org/civicrm/event/info/?reset=1&id=110

You must have a bike equipped to carry all you need for the ride up, camping and return, OR plan to have someone take your gear to the park.
If you plan to ride one way, then you will need to make arrangements for a shuttle back to your starting location (hopefully our MTBNJ friends will have some free rack space and offer a ride back south).
The return trip will leave Sunday 9/26/21 at the end of the festival and may include another night camping.
This is an advanced skill level ride with a target of 45 miles and 3300ft of elevation gain for the north bound trip .
An alternate back up plan of 38 miles and 2900ft may be used if the majority of riders are better suited for this distance.
This 80% off road ride will have.....gravel, singletrack, doubletrack, railroad grade, eroded rock strewn woods roads, bridges, lack of bridges (stream fording), mud and road riding
There may be......bears, bees, rattle snakes, bike pushing, some confusion, possible frustration and hopefully lots of laughing.
Resupply is available at the 30 mile mark and just before entrance to the park at 40 miles.
PM here RSVP

Last edited:
Top Bottom