rockshox pike not returning to full travel

02camaro

i have a 2018 pike rct3 set at 120mm of travel on my sb100 and it does not return back to full travel. i can manually pull it back and hear a hiss of air purge and it its normal but ill eventually have to do this again during a ride. i also used a zip tie to purge the air again but it still comes back. i pumped it up to max pressure and cycled the fork, basically tried all the tricks google told me. i took the fork apart to do a lower leg service yesterday to see if there was any extra grease hanging around. there was alot and i think i cleaned it up nice and put just enough on the air spring and other necessary areas this still did not fix this issue. i didnt remove the damper, i didnt want to have to bleed it.

someone tell me what im doing wrong to get this fixed, other than fire and buying a fox...

Pull the airshaft and clean and lightly grease seals . Factory tends to over grease air shafts and then the grease blocks the port that equalizes positive and negative chamber . The circlip can be a lil tricky but plenty of YouTube video tutorials

Pull the airshaft and clean and lightly grease seals . Factory tends to over grease air shafts and then the grease blocks the port that equalizes positive and negative chamber . The circlip can be a lil tricky but plenty of YouTube video tutorials
That's exactly what I did yesterday. Going to pull it again tonight and just double check everything and look at the o rings a little closer maybe one is damaged.

When you did the zip-tie purge did you let all the air out first? If not, let all of the air out completely. Then insert the zip-tie and purge the remaining air from both legs. Pump the fork back up and see if the problem remains.
You may have to bleed the damper....

When you did the zip-tie purge did you let all the air out first? If not, let all of the air out completely. Then insert the zip-tie and purge the remaining air from both legs. Pump the fork back up and see if the problem remains.
You may have to bleed the damper....
i did not.

i did just take the fork apart again, cleaned everything and inspected the o rings etc i did notice a small nick on the air spring piston o ring, soo that may be the issue. i put it back together since i dont have a o-ring. maybe it will magically be fixed but looks like ill need a o ring kit and ill be tearing it down again.

When removing air shaft make sure there's no grease hanging around inside the fork tube . Also make sure the air shaft is fully extended when installing, if it's to far up the stanction when installing cir clip it will be hard to equalize pressure . Also after teardown cycle fork after every 40psi or so to make sure everything is mint

Back
Top Bottom