Saddle Recomendations.....Anybody??

Madness

I am looking to replace my saddle. I really like the Sette 7 Nyx saddle I currently have but I am looking for a little more cushion for ye ole sitter. I rode a couple of WTB saddles today at the GT demo at Chimney Rock and they felt like Lazy Boy's. I liked them but I want a little less cushion to save the weight. Any suggestions?????

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
imgWrapper.aspx

WTB Speed V Comp Saddle
cheap and comfy
Weight:420 grams
Rail Material:Steel
and the best......Feature: Love Channel

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saddle is more important on your road bike, IME. Unless it's really awful, most anything is ok off-road. I prefer as light as I can get without breaking the bank. Sette race, I think.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Saddle is more important on your road bike, IME. Unless it's really awful, most anything is ok off-road. I prefer as light as I can get without breaking the bank. Sette race, I think.

The WTB Ti railed thing that came on my Turner when I bought it was not a good match for my back side. It was an unbelievably short period of time into a ride that I was achin'. So that must've been a really awful one...

I'm running a Serfas Performance Rx. VERY comfortable, but not the lightest thing going.

Madness

My current saddle only weighs 190 grams and I don't want to go up in weight much more then that. I just want a little more cushion then what it has. It is by far one of the most comfortable saddles I have owned as far as shape and flex but it's starting to wear out and there is only 280 miles on it. But they are all trail miles though.

alex_k

My current saddle only weighs 190 grams and I don't want to go up in weight much more then that. I just want a little more cushion then what it has. It is by far one of the most comfortable saddles I have owned as far as shape and flex but it's starting to wear out and there is only 280 miles on it. But they are all trail miles though.

GT Force 1 has WTB Rocket V SLT Saddle. According WTB web site its weight is only 210g... 20 grams is not a big difference :)...

ArmyOfNone

Fizik Gobi...I have sat on this a few times and have loved it. They have new colors for this year, such as white! which means I will have one not to soon from now.

I am riding a vitese or something which is OK. I had them both on my road and mtb, but switched to the arione on my road bike and I dont think I will ever sit on one again.

B

Btown29r

I've got a WTB Rocket V SLT laying around that came stock on my wife's Redline D660. Has about 10 miles on it and replaced it because she wanted something more comfy. Make me an offer and its yours.... -mJ

BiknBen

Ever actually try riding one of those "Nose-less saddles". You would be surprised how much added control you have because of the nose of the saddle. You push on it with your inner thigh to make the bike lean one way or the other.

I was nearly taken down by a rider who crashed because he wasn't used to his new "noseless saddle". He basically slid right off the side of the saddle because none of it was between his legs. Funny shit.

M

MC San Andreas

I might be in the minority but I buy a seat based on comfort. For years I rode with a slick lightweight seat but I then made the switch to a more comfortable seat with gel padding. Best thing I ever did!!!

I figure the seat and being comfortable are the some of the most important aspects of enjoying riding your bike. Mind you, I ride for pleasure and I do not race.

What is a few more grams of weight if you enjoy the rode a whole lot more??? You could always drop a few punds to more than compensate for the added weight! ;)

Top Bottom