Jorba TM this weekend

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Spring is here and some trails could use some TLC. For those interested in helping out with some trail maintenance this weekend:

Saturday Mar 29 - Ringwood
Saturday Mar 29 - Wildcat Ridge
Saturday Mar 29 - Allamuchy
Saturday Mar 29 - Mahlon Dickerson

Sunday Mar 30 - Allaire
Sunday Mar 30 - Washington Valley

More info can be found on the Jorba Calendar:

http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/calendar.php
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Parking lot C at ringwood is the lot by Shepard's lake?

No, to get to Lot C, you enter the same onto Morris Ave, up the hill. Instead of turning left at the eagle statues, you go strainght. The road will go behind the Manor, and follow signs to Lot C. Look for big white van.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
There will also be an informal, last minute(to us even) tm day at Mahlon Dickerson. we will be working on the Wall reroute with MTP. i do not have a time yet.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
where will you be working at ringwood? i may be able to show up but late.

We may be starting on the Renegade aka Secret, which may not mean anything to you, so I will try to remember to put a map on the truck (big white van) showing work location. From there we may do roving blow down removal, depending on how many volunteers we get.

t.wach

I have never done a TM before. I might be good for Ringwood this saturday. Is there anything i need to do or bring? How long does it usually go for?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Best "tools" to bring are a good pair of gloves, sturdy boots and long pants. The people sponsoring the work will have all of the other tools you need and are always stoked to help out/teach someone who hasnt done a TM session before. Sean and the MTP folks in MD and the White's in RW are all great, I am sure they will both be fun work days. Ask lots of questions and have a blast, its really cool to ride a spot you had a part in fixing/building/whatever.

Glancing Aft

I'll be up at Ringwood. I might meet you all up at renegade since it's a 5 min from my usual starting spot, although perhaps I should just ride to C first to help you lug up tools :hmmm: in any case, see you there.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
I'm in Sean. What should I bring and about how long should I plan on bein' there? I'm a TM noob...

And that's Saturday, right?

yep, this saturday. as ken said, just bring gloves, boots and some clothes you don't mind getting dirty. possibly water, and maybe a snack. we'll be happy to have you for as long as you're willing to be out there. there's alot of work to be done on the reroute, but we're doing it in small chunks. it's not easy work, but there are no expectations. work at your own pace and take as many breaks as you need to. we'll be there longer than two hours, but probably less than six hours.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Thanks Ken for posting the information. At Ringwood, we usually ride in as well, so bring a bike. And we will work unless it is still a hard, steady rain at 9:00 am. I think the forecast is for the rain to blow out tonight, so we should be ok. Looking forward to meeting some of you!

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Usually Art will go up to the park regardless of weather. Of course we would never ask anyone to work in the rain, but eager volunteers have shown up in the past on rainy days. In that case we may do an abbreviated rain work, like clean drainages on roads etc.

Top Bottom