If you had to save one album in the world and throw away the rest...

As predictable and safe of a selection this may be, hard to argue against this work of art and rare case of a super group producing super content. No issue listening to it 7,000 more times...

679B47DB-A0FD-444F-9FBE-5C4071248A3B-304-000000216AE5B9BA_zps8b501e95.jpg

If I want to be a little more snobby then this magical night would be on the short list.

AD889683-282A-4DE7-8A06-B1F192E73B4B-304-000000211A0EEFEF_zpsef6d8f00.jpg

Ramones 1976 Ramones is a masterpiece but not deep enough to withstand excessive listening ( esp at only 29 minutes )

W

One of the best trumpet players gets together with one of the best sax players, boom. That period from the mid 50's to mid 60's in jazz was like the late 60's to late 70's in rock, it really came together.
But then again So What.

Lamb of God, Ashes of the Wake. I love it so much it creeps me out. Unexplainable :hmmm:

Steve Vai - Passion and Warfare or Metallica - Master of Puppets.

I still remember I used to have a cassette tape of steve vai passion and warfare. Influenced me to practice exercises from a tablature i got from guitar world magazine which featured steve's exercises. I used to hate those guitar work outs lol.

God I friggin can't stand pantera. I've yet to decide what album I would listen to for all eternity. I will report back later.

As predictable and safe of a selection this may be, hard to argue against this work of art and rare case of a super group producing super content. No issue listening to it 7,000 more times...

679B47DB-A0FD-444F-9FBE-5C4071248A3B-304-000000216AE5B9BA_zps8b501e95.jpg

If I want to be a little more snobby then this magical night would be on the short list.

AD889683-282A-4DE7-8A06-B1F192E73B4B-304-000000211A0EEFEF_zpsef6d8f00.jpg

W

yes and yes. and yes.

tragic that evans bassist was taken so quick. the music he could have put out could have been amazing. i may have to put waltz for debby in sunday's place.

PhysGraf.jpg

I was meaning to comment on this in the other thread, but this is what I'd say about it anyway.

If I was to be stuck listening to one album and only one album, this would be it.

This is a tough question for me as I rarely buy albums anymore. 90% of the music I listen to is on my ipod and I tend to buy multiple songs from a group across albums and then if I really like it tend to listen to that almost exclusively until I get sick of it. I make my own albums (playlists) with multiple artists - if I had to choose one it would be my current playlist 1 which contains Killswitch engage, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, Devil You Know, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Huntress, In this Moment.

Funny that the geezer would point out that albums are obsolete!

This is a tough question for me as I rarely buy albums anymore. 90% of the music I listen to is on my ipod and I tend to buy multiple songs from a group across albums and then if I really like it tend to listen to that almost exclusively until I get sick of it. I make my own albums (playlists) with multiple artists - if I had to choose one it would be my current playlist 1 which contains Killswitch engage, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, Devil You Know, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Huntress, In this Moment.

Funny that the geezer would point out that albums are obsolete!

I know the original bassist of symphony x. Great guy.

PhysGraf.jpg

I was meaning to comment on this in the other thread, but this is what I'd say about it anyway.

If I was to be stuck listening to one album and only one album, this would be it.

Kinda cheating, its a double album.

and Kev, G&R- Appetite for Destruction is a good album because it brought metal to the radio. I'm sure you were way more hard core and considered this poser music however the guitar work on this album is really good. They weren't just a bunch of pretty boys in make-up an spandex. I relate this band to what Billy Idol did for punk in the early 80's...he made music more accessible.

G-d one album forever? Despite the fact that I'm almost always listening to aggressive music, if I was stuck with only one album... It would be CSNY "So Far".

Back
Top Bottom