Tax Time

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Just found out that I am getting a fat return this year. While I can't justify (actually get away with) spending much of it on bike stuff, I can free some up and I can't have my bikes multiply in numbers (maybe I can tell my wife my mtb and road mated and made a 650b?). Any ideas for some upgrades? I am going to buy some good summer clothing since the Gore and Craft stuff I got for winter is just so damn comfortable. I also recently got a fox fork, new cranks and drivetrain....

Road Shoes and Pedals? (currently using old flexy shoes with SPD's)
Start Upgrading the road bike? Possibly a double crank instead of the stock triple?
Try a different frame for the MTB? currently have an '05 trance.

give me some ideas!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Get a road bike fit from J. He'll recommend you do the road shoes/pedals.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Try a different frame for the MTB? currently have an '05 trance.

Try the Trance X frame -- you won't be disappointed. :)

I'm sure its not cheap, though.

Oh, and don't forget you'll be getting another check this May for the economic stimulus package.:D

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Try the Trance X frame -- you won't be disappointed. :)

I'm sure its not cheap, though.

I think the frame/shock is 1300 alone, but I could buy the trance x1 or 2, swap the majority of the parts, sell the OE stuff and come out well below $1300 :hmmm:

Get a road bike fit from J. He'll recommend you do the road shoes/pedals.
J fit me originally and did suggest the shoes before...he is right cause the shoes I am using flex way too much.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
J fit me originally and did suggest the shoes before...he is right cause the shoes I am using flex way too much.

Plus the SPDs make the contact point very small.

Walter is right, and I imagine just forgot to add SS to that list.

Oh, invest the remainder of your $$ in Haliburton.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This is simple:

1-road shoes and pedals
2-29er
3-dust cover for the Trance

Enjoy

How did I know a 29er would come into the picture? As I stated before, would have to ditch the Trance to get a new bike. While I am not against 29er's, I don't want to go back to a hardtail right now and a full squish 29er is out of my price range....

Road shoes and pedals is on top so far....

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I'm just waiting for my wife to get her 1099 so I can file and get my return. I'll be using some of that towards a new bike.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
road shoes and pedals

Road wheels

Shallow grave site for 26" bike

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Road shoes and pedals will be a revelation for you if you've been riding with mtb shoes and spds. Well worth the money spent.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
one of these days.....

Looks like the road shoes and pedals...unless someone has some better suggestions. Road wheels :hmmm:

I will lend you some demo road wheels. They make a huge impact on the ride of the bike.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
went with with the pedals/shoes and a cheaper set of wheels. Can't wait to try em out.... Thanks Jdog and Halters!

BTW, WHen I was in Halters, there was a Gore rep in there with next years winter line, super sweet stuff and i am looking forward to trying some of their gloves next year...Gore's stuff is top notch and I love the Phantom jacket I got this year.

mtnbiker5

$$$

Pick up a new pair of Sidi's for starters. They'll last you a long time. Then head out to Moab or Red Rock Canyon, get some turns in there. Head over to the Bunnyranch 'cause the girls are smokin' hot. Then shoot up to Tahoe, Alpine Meadows or Squaw, ski some deep pow for a day. Shoot back down to Reno airport and call it time well spent.

Hows that?

Top Bottom