24 HoA

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'll be there again this year with the same team from last year...I like this event a lot and like the crappy weather even more!! Last year we got 2nd and that poop ain't happening again this year!!:getsome:

xc62701

Ryan,

I've done team and solo. A 4 man team was nearly as rough for me as the solo gig, because with the down time, cleanup, eating, getting prepped for the next lap, trying to sleep for 90 minutes (at best), then waking up and standing around at absurd times of the night waiting for someone who may come in 5 or 45 minutes from when you get there can be mentally & physically exhausting. If you're looking to enjoy it to the max, I think a corporate team with 5+ people is your best bet.

You're probably right. Or how bout this. I save the money, be there as support and just drink lots of beer...

ArmyOfNone

Im in for sure this year. It was torture not being able to participate last year. Although i did get out at the best time of the night.

mwlikesbikes

You Kiddin' Me!!!

Im in for sure this year. It was torture not being able to participate last year. Although i did get out at the best time of the night.

It was torture participating last year!!!! The heat got me on the first lap then killed me on the second. By the time the rain hit i was quivering in my tent from cramps! :mad:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Ryan,

I've done team and solo. A 4 man team was nearly as rough for me as the solo gig, because with the down time, cleanup, eating, getting prepped for the next lap, trying to sleep for 90 minutes (at best), then waking up and standing around at absurd times of the night waiting for someone who may come in 5 or 45 minutes from when you get there can be mentally & physically exhausting. If you're looking to enjoy it to the max, I think a corporate team with 5+ people is your best bet.
Team Mtbnj.com, Inc.?

I've done 4 man once and solo three times, and both are ugly if you're really looking to be in contention. I could possibly dig being on a bigass corporate team and only having to go out for a couple of laps total.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Team Mtbnj.com, Inc.?

I've done 4 man once and solo three times, and both are ugly if you're really looking to be in contention. I could possibly dig being on a bigass corporate team and only having to go out for a couple of laps total.

If we do that, without question, I'm in. We have enough people on the team to be able to each pound out a single lap and call it a day. We'll have to discuss all our options for sure.

mtnbiker5

24Muchy

I doubt I'll do Muchy this year. After last year sick of the rain, mud, crowds. Overrated. I'd rather do my own 24 hrs of Muchy, Lewis Morris, Killington, Kingdom Trails and drink some really good beer afterwards in a hottub over this anytime. Muchy was good when it was a small microbrew fest of riders. But thats what it was, a festival of riders. Now its just insane. The trails got trashed last year. Had to go back to clean up which I have no problem doing to preserve that place but come on. The organizers do a great job but its to the point where its time to move on. I say we put together an endurance race somewhere. None of this round and around same track stuff. That was early 90's, old school. I did 24 Hrs of Canaan in WV which was sick but this is that same old gag. Kind of like listening to Hillary try to get into the Whitehouse. Just that same old gag........Ok, someone bring a case of Sierra Nevada along with a couple of steaks and I'll do it again.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If we do that, without question, I'm in. We have enough people on the team to be able to each pound out a single lap and call it a day. We'll have to discuss all our options for sure.

this is the way that i was planning on doing the 24HoA. i figured i could rope enough people into the mix that it would be painful, yet fun.

mtnbiker5

24hrs

Ok I'm in. Wait a minute. I cant make that call right now dammit. Freakin 12 degrees out and its only Monday. You guys wanna ride solo or do a team? Solo is so much better. Do laps together if you want. If not, have another beer or nap. Whatever. No worries. Let it rain. Let it FREAKIN POUR! You know its gonna happen, again.

Top Bottom