Bike Problems

J

jimex7

Well bike is down I took it out this am and it was a low rider in the rear. I brought it to martys they said they have seen rear shock(fox float) get stuck compressed, apperantly needs rebuild. So while its there she is getting tuned and i am either dropping 3 high on crank and replacing with bash guard or just dropping size. I am looking to gan clearance. If any one has input on this pros cons let me know.
Hope turky day was good for everyone.
J7

ArmyOfNone

Not sure how much of your big ring you will be using. I used the thing rarely. So when i rode w/ gears, i got rid of the big ring and went w/ a bash guard.

J

jimex7

I only hit that gear when I am out on rode which I do take at times to get around go to the store ect.. I probaably would not miss it.

J-Dro

I only hit that gear when I am out on rode which I do take at times to get around go to the store ect.. I probaably would not miss it.

The extra ground clearance is well worth the occasional inconvenience of not having a big ring.

J

jimex7

Should i loose it all together or go smaller?
Anyone here of the rear shock problem?

walter

Fourth Party

1-Bash guard
2-is what is commonly referred to as "stuck down" I think. Fairly common problem when you ride a bike with all that silly suspension stuff.

J

jimex7

How much are these bash guards?
Stuck down is there way to force it up?

Not So Fast

Bash Guards

Bash guards run below $20. Your shock needs to be serviced. Look up Push Industries they have an excellent rep for shock service.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Thanks I will check them out.

Blackspire Lite God chain guard (not really a bash guard since it's light) fits nicely over a middle cog 34 teeth and under. Lose the granny, front der and front shifter too and you've got a cool 1x9 setup that's light and quiet.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I have been running a bash gaurd for a few years now, around here you won't miss the big ring. You can run a 34t ring if you want, but a 32 is good and you will only pedal-out on the road or super fast pedaling sections. If you can find a salsa bash guard, they are not overbuilt like most guards out there. See the pic...

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

The seal between the positive and negative chambers in the shock has either dried up or failed. This allow the negative air pressure to increase and overwhelm the positve chamber.

The fix is really simple.

Let out all the air from the main (positive) chamber.

Unscrew the shock body and you will hear a very loud POP!

Replace the main seals and lube everything.

The parts to do this cost about $12. Labor and shipping is another story.

If you look on the Fox website I am pretty sure they detail this.

Good luck.

J

J

jimex7

Thanks guys for the info it is in for its first tune up so well see whats up with shock. I am going to inquire about the bash guard though.
J7

J

jimex7

Got the bike back it i like a new new bike. I think that I have had this problem since my second ride on the bike. They did rebuild it for me under warranty and they also cleaned and tuned my bike.
Thanks Martys!

Top Bottom