Heed Energy Drink

doofus

I'd been looking for something to get me over a cramping issue I have with longer rides in the heat.
Been using Gatorade for the longest time just because it's available everywhere and tastes good.
But it never did anything fof the cramping.
I remembered during my night lap last year, after falling about 20 times due to carpal tunnel problems, and almost bonking that the aid station at the 1/2 way point had Heed on tap.
I'd gulped down several cups of the stuff and finished the night lap.
I noticed that I didn't feel like bonking and generally felt better.
So, fast forward to 2 weeks ago.
Was talking to Frank at Cycle Works and he also recommended Heed.
I bought a can of it and started using it on my rides.
I'll chug a large water bottle of it before a ride and use another one during the ride.
I gotta say, I feel much stronger using it, my endurance is up, and I'm actually passing people that I never did before (even on climbs). I also feel better after the rides.
I bought the Lemon Lime version, but it tastes more Vanilla-ish to me.
A different tast to be sure, but very easy to drink nonetheless.
I highly recommend this stuff.
Lenny

cem

Another vote for Heed! and Perpetuem

Just tried Heed and Perpetuem this past weekend @ Pedrosfest with great success. 47 miles and 7000 ft of climbing over two days with no cramping.

I knew were going to be riding 5-6 hours each day. So I used 6 scoops of Perpetuem in my water bottle and 6 scoops Heed in my camelbak. Plus I carried a plain water bottle, clif blocs and bars.

Chris

ArmyOfNone

I have been drinking accelerade on rides, mixing in enervite gels about every hour.

This seems to be working, but i am always up for some new stuff. Everyone has nothing but good things to say about what you speak of.

cem

Heed and Perpetuem have a pretty mild taste, which after 2-3 hours doesn't get to be to much. Thats the one thing I liked about too

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Heed and Perpetuem have a pretty mild taste, which after 2-3 hours doesn't get to be to much. Thats the one thing I liked about too

That's one reason I switched from Accelerade to Heed/Perp. And as I've said before, I get Accelerade for free. So that's saying something.

J-Dro

Another vote for Heed! and Perpetuem

Just tried Heed and Perpetuem this past weekend @ Pedrosfest with great success. 47 miles and 7000 ft of climbing over two days with no cramping.

I knew were going to be riding 5-6 hours each day. So I used 6 scoops of Perpetuem in my water bottle and 6 scoops Heed in my camelbak. Plus I carried a plain water bottle, clif blocs and bars.

Chris

Didn't you just recently bail on a ride at Blue because of cramping? If so, thats a remarkable recovery and endorsement of this stuff.

ytc100

Didn't you just recently bail on a ride at Blue because of cramping? If so, thats a remarkable recovery and endorsement of this stuff.

Nope. That was me. Still have not resolved my persistent cramping issue. I use heed and perpetuem which has helped.

cem

And to try to slow down, especially at the ride start.

I always find this one to be most difficult. Lately I been using my heart rate monitor set at about 70-80% of my max heart rate. Once i hear the annoying beeping I back off, especially if its going to be a long day.

ytc100

I always find this one to be most difficult. Lately I been using my heart rate monitor set at about 70-80% of my max heart rate. Once i hear the annoying beeping I back off, especially if its going to be a long day.

Now that makes me want to buy one. Never thought of using it as a pacing tool.

Maurice

I hope they do something about the taste, it's like a diet drink on steroids, can't stand the metallic taste. It's also very chalky.

It's hard enough to drink at all while racing, if it's hard to down that's never a good thing.

Until I find something good I'll stick to half water half Gatorade. When it's not as hot undiluted Gatorade works well.

Maurice

Shaggz

A strong 7
i have been using a dilute cytomx solution, tropical punch flavor, on my road rides. taste is ok, it disolves well and is easy on the stomach. i do not use it during my mtb rides, because i don't like using water bottles, and i am too lazy to clean out the camel back when i am done. i do drink 1/2 water bottle of the dilute solution before i ride, and muddle along with regular water, and GU packets if the ride is a longer one.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it does nothing for energy, but glaceau smart water has some amount of electrolites in it. tastes just like water, but has some decent benefits for riding. it's what i usually run in my bottles. doesn't cost too much either, compared to other bottled water. gatorade makes me phlegmy, and the other energy drinks don't tend to sit too well in my stomach.

ArmyOfNone

it does nothing for energy, but glaceau smart water has some amount of electrolites in it. tastes just like water, but has some decent benefits for riding. it's what i usually run in my bottles. doesn't cost too much either, compared to other bottled water. gatorade makes me phlegmy, and the other energy drinks don't tend to sit too well in my stomach.

which one of these does gatorade make you do?

1 : the one of the four humors in early physiology that was considered to be cold and moist and to cause sluggishness
2 : viscid mucus secreted in abnormal quantity in the respiratory passages
3 a : dull or apathetic coldness or indifference b : intrepid coolness or calm fortitude

walter

Fourth Party
which one of these does gatorade make you do?

1 : the one of the four humors in early physiology that was considered to be cold and moist and to cause sluggishness
2 : viscid mucus secreted in abnormal quantity in the respiratory passages
3 a : dull or apathetic coldness or indifference b : intrepid coolness or calm fortitude

without doing any research, I will say the mucus one. I will also say all of them, as I feel this is a trick question.

Top Bottom