Cr, Lm, Rv?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is anything going to be rideable tomorrow?

I assume Chimney Rock is a wash.

Lewis Morris is an outside possible - does anyone know how well that park drains? Last year my impression was that it drains well.

Round Valley is the third option. I imagine that will be in decent shape but I don't know of I feel like beating myself up there tomorrow.

D

DANSPANK

I was thinking about Round Valley for Sunday. I was looking for a roller coaster for tomorrow so am crossing my fingers for the KVSP ride.

K

klutch

Is anything going to be rideable tomorrow?

I assume Chimney Rock is a wash.

Lewis Morris is an outside possible - does anyone know how well that park drains? Last year my impression was that it drains well.

Round Valley is the third option. I imagine that will be in decent shape but I don't know of I feel like beating myself up there tomorrow.

LM has excellent drainage.

I've never been to RV what's it like?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
RV drains better than any park I know. The reason is that there are no flat areas. It's all up or down.

Maurice

RV drains better than any park I know. The reason is that there are no flat areas. It's all up or down.

After the rain we had on Wednesday I thought it would be wet, but yesterday night RV was actually the driest I've seen this spring.

For Sunday it should be alright, assuming Norm stops singing in the shower ;)

Maurice

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Does the high rock content add to this as well?

How long is the loop at LM, btw? I've never ridden there and hope to check it out one of these days, but it's not exactly close to where I live, so I'm curious as to what I'll get for my trip in the car.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For Sunday it should be alright, assuming Norm stops singing in the shower ;)

It's where I think. Singing helps me think. :)

Looking like road and mtb will be swapped this weekend. Road tomorrow and maybe RV/LM Sunday.

How long is the loop at LM, btw? I've never ridden there and hope to check it out one of these days, but it's not exactly close to where I live, so I'm curious as to what I'll get for my trip in the car.

Rocks probably help for sure.

LM race loop is just under 7 miles. There are some other connecting trails and Patriot's Path also if you want a warm/cool area. To get 2 hours of riding I do 3 race loops. So it's not really a destination park for a weekend ride.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

Chris,

From where you live I wouldn't drive past Hartshorne to ride Lewis Morris. Same difference really. If you're heading North you still need to check out Chimney Rock, though not this weekend.

Gary

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's where I think. Singing helps me think. :)

Looking like road and mtb will be swapped this weekend. Road tomorrow and maybe RV/LM Sunday.

this is prolly what i'm gonna do too norm...however i'm going to be on the SS in LM early sunday am (dryness pending) and i AM NOT going to try to follow your speedy arse around. i'm just looking to see where i'm at on it doing the race loop twice.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Chris,

From where you live I wouldn't drive past Hartshorne to ride Lewis Morris. Same difference really. If you're heading North you still need to check out Chimney Rock, though not this weekend.

Gary
I hear you, though I ride Hartshorne so much that just about any change of venue is welcome. Another element would be hooking up to ride with some folks who aren't local to Monmouth County.

I think that the best bet for both CR and LM will be during the week, when I can drive to either from Spotswood more readily than from home.

bobkennelly

Lewis Morris

Hey Chris, I used to go there alot when I worked in the area, I dont know if I would make the trip by myself, its about 50 miles for you and I, its not all that big, good hills though, and the Patriots path is there as well, very senic in the fall. as far as chimney rock, its about 35 miles, and very rocky too, but alot of fun, hard to get more tan 7-8 miles an hour out of it, I would take the full sus. over there..that way you wont get any loose fillings..

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Man this weather sucks donkey ass. I was really looking forward to going to CR tomorrow.

PedalPaddles

When it comes to high rock content, it is very difficult to determine which ones are high and which ones are just sitting there because that is what rocks do. Please ask more intelligent questions like the "sucking donkey ass" question.

I would be up for Hartshorne or Allaire on Sunday. I am doing a road ride tomorrow to allow more drying time on the trails.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Try not to think so much:D

But if I don't think,
In the shower,
Then I stink,
Not like a flower.

"Thank you, thank you very much. I'm here 'til Thursday. Try the veal."

And speaking of donkeys:

"Well, I have to save my ass."

A bit obscure, but can anyone name the movie? Watched it on the trainer before work yesterday.

Top Bottom