1st Ride at Allaire, great park.

Wobbegong

Allaire was a blast yesterday, I was there for the first time. I loved the bob sled style trails, they are so fast and fun to ride.

I saw a guy on a Mary, I think this may have been Patrick the so called mystery rider.

I rode solo for about 12 miles, then hooked up with a guy and his dog and rode with them for about 6 or so miles. He was a local and showed me some good trails. Riding with the dog (Black Lab) was awesome, he was so fast and fun to watch. I found myself on an unmarked trail with lots of steep ups and downs with roots and lots of switchbacks that come to an overlook with a steep cliff-like dropoff, I had no Idea where I was. I then found the power lines and ended up on the orange trail, Thats where I hooked up with Dan and Baggins. What a great day and a great place to ride, I'll be back for sure. If anyone saw a guy on a blue Yeti hardtail with Blues Brothers sideburns, that was me. Great fun yesterday.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
were you very graceful, with flowing robes and bald? if so, you were striking. great ride report i have heard so many good things about allaire, and have moved it to the top of my "to ride" list

Frank

Sasquatch
I found myself on an unmarked trail with lots of steep ups and downs with roots and lots of switchbacks that come to an overlook with a steep cliff-like dropoff, I had no Idea where I was.

Glad you liked it.....that trail sounds like "Tiger Woods".

D

DANSPANK

After the TM this morning I rode around with Jdog, Andre and Larry for a few miles before that had to bugger off. I stayed on to clock about 18miles. It's such a great place with the windy-narrow chutes, soft soil, berms, littel water bars - I love it man!
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2532726

Helloooo to those that I met today, and thanks for the quick spin Jdog - you're a fast mo' fo' aren't ya!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
.., and thanks for the quick spin Jdog - you're a fast mo' fo' aren't ya!

Hey Dan,

Nice to catch up in the flesh!

No matter how fast you are their are always those who are faster. (CG!)

I have been working on my Mt. Biking for 15 year and I can honestly say that with every gain in speed I see I also have a humbling experience shortly after.

Mt biking is always a work in progress. Riding the road bike help a lot but adding some base fitness with solid line choices is what brings it all together.

I know people who ride much better technically and aerobically than me. I take what I have learned form each and make it happen.

It really gets fun when the lungs come around enough so that you are only thinking about line choice. This happens once a year or so for me. That is what this is all about.

Allaire is mega fun by the way. I nudged Frank do a unscheduled re-route on Tiger Woods that I felt was much needed. (mud holes with planks)

He told me that Tiger Woods has been adopted as a "legal" trail. This is good news as this is the best part of the park. We will only improve it in the coming months.

Super Props To PAT BROWN!! who made a super effort out there today. It was cool to see him back on a bike. For a guy who has been off a bike for 7 years he rides very very well.

Pat and Walter both were deflowered as Trail maintenance virgins.. Which is nice!

Keep it up PB!

j

walter

Fourth Party
Yup, my first official tm, a long time coming. Now that I see how things work, next time I can be better prepaired and bit a bit more helpful

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Yup, my first official tm, a long time coming. Now that I see how things work, next time I can be better prepaired and bit a bit more helpful

Thanks for brining me the tall can of Red Bull. I am pretty darn sure that stuff should not be legal...

j-

walter

Fourth Party
Thanks for brining me the tall can of Red Bull. I am pretty darn sure that stuff should not be legal...

j-

My wife and I and our friend were just discussing that at dinner, that shit is so addictive. I will always have a secret stash

Wobbegong

were you very graceful, with flowing robes and bald? if so, you were striking. great ride report i have heard so many good things about allaire, and have moved it to the top of my "to ride" list

Flowing robe- check
Bald- check
Graceful and striking- I'll leave that to the Dalai Lama. :D

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I have been working on my Mt. Biking for 15 year and I can honestly say that with every gain in speed I see I also have a humbling experience shortly after.

Well said, how I wish my latest humbling experience didnt leave me off the bike for the next few months!

Awesome to hear the TM was so well attended, see you all at Allaire sometime in June.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well said, how I wish my latest humbling experience didnt leave me off the bike for the next few months!

Awesome to hear the TM was so well attended, see you all at Allaire sometime in June.

Ugh. I cringe to ask, and empathise with you in advance, but what happened?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Ugh. I cringe to ask, and empathise with you in advance, but what happened?

Went up to Sprain Ridge (how ironic) with the ATUG crew last weekend, first time I have been there in almost a year so I was excited to ride. 3 minutes out of the parking lot I endo'd and dislocated my thumb. Popping it back in was awesome, the swelling that ensued, not so much. By monday my hand looked like a 500lb dood had loaned me his hand.

I completely detached the ligament, going in tomorrow to have it repaired. Sucks hugely. The swelling is gone but I will be in a cast with some new titanium hardware for 6 weeks, then some PT....so hopefully some light trails when the cast comes off and back to normal soon after. I have been medicating with 90 minute IPA entirely too much in the week+ since the accident, I shudder to think how much slower I will be in June.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Went up to Sprain Ridge (how ironic) with the ATUG crew last weekend, first time I have been there in almost a year so I was excited to ride. 3 minutes out of the parking lot I endo'd and dislocated my thumb. Popping it back in was awesome, the swelling that ensued, not so much. By monday my hand looked like a 500lb dood had loaned me his hand.

I completely detached the ligament, going in tomorrow to have it repaired. Sucks hugely. The swelling is gone but I will be in a cast with some new titanium hardware for 6 weeks, then some PT....so hopefully some light trails when the cast comes off and back to normal soon after. I have been medicating with 90 minute IPA entirely too much in the week+ since the accident, I shudder to think how much slower I will be in June.

Aw man that sucks, sorry to hear about that. When the 90 MIPAs become less necessary I bet you can get out and spin a lot faster than you think, even if it is nothing more than roads and/or rail trails. Here's hoping for a solid recovery and a really good June.

Top Bottom