Allaire Conditions as of 3/10

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Rode the cross bike for 2 hours at Allaire. Place is in excellent shape. I covered pretty much everything except the river trail, which I just assumed to be messy still. Tiger Woods is, predictably, pretty greasy, particularly as you go lower. It may be really muddy if we get any substantial rain tonight.

Other than some of TW, the rest of the park was good to go.

bobkennelly

Cyclocross bike

Rode the cross bike for 2 hours at Allaire. Place is in excellent shape. I covered pretty much everything except the river trail, which I just assumed to be messy still. Tiger Woods is, predictably, pretty greasy, particularly as you go lower. It may be really muddy if we get any substantial rain tonight.

Other than some of TW, the rest of the park was good to go.

Hey Chris, I am very envious of your new cross bike, I had one, a nice one J had built me a few years ago, like a idiot, I sold it, had a stupid idea I needed a track bike for New York, to ride on my lunch hour. I can not tell how much I miss that bike, I would really like to have one again, glad you had fun with it yesterday at Allaire. While I had mine I had taken it to Allaire a few times, had a blast. I did the road thing today, with a new Caad 9 J built for me, its very nice too.I will have this for quite some time....

Bob

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I was sure that it would be very wet. From what I have just read Allaire might have been the one spot in NJ where off road riding wasn't wrecking trails.

I went out for a very nice road spin with the wife on the road. She has been off the bike all winter and she was still strong as hell. I don't know how she does it.

My cross bike is nearly done.

j

bobkennelly

Cross bike

I was sure that it would be very wet. From what I have just read Allaire might have been the one spot in NJ where off road riding wasn't wrecking trails.

I went out for a very nice road spin with the wife on the road. She has been off the bike all winter and she was still strong as hell. I don't know how she does it.

j

Hey J,
What brand f cross bike are you building?
I need to talk to you about a possible build up for me...

PedalPaddles

j

Did you ever think that you are just that slow that she doesn't have to train to ride with you? Keep smiling keep smiling.

ChrisG

The trail by the parking lot was muddy, as were the lower parts of Tiger Woods, but 90% + of the park was perfect, including the double track through the blue/orange/white section where the big puddles often are. That section was dry.

I'm sure Hartshorne and Huber are still very messy and I'll be avoiding them until I get confirmation otherwise. My wife may try hiking there this evening.

ChrisG

Allaire 3/12

Rode Allaire again this afternoon. Place is actually drier today than it was on Saturday, though the trail immediately off the left side of the parking lot is a huge mess. I rode about 20 feet on that one and turned around and hoofed it to the paved road and took that in. Also didn't go to the river trail, under the assumption that it would still be messy.

Place should be great until the next rain hits.

Top Bottom