Post a picture of your next bike part or mtb gear on order!

Did you order direct to the US, or did you ship to Italy and then the US?

They don't seem to sell directly to the US Shimano items I thought.
Direct to the US. I tried to do the ship-try-Italy thing when Shimano and DT Swiss issued the ban, but then covid happened and those sweet hubs and brakes are still at my mon's, I'll pick them up next time I go there. Not sure if they just don't care of if they found a loophole...I ordered some other Shimano stuff from them in the summer and asked them if they could ship it to the US, they said no problem...parts look legit and in full retail packaging. They ship Fedex so you can possibly have the package tossed across the state border...even faster!

Last edited:
I'd also recommend 100% Brisker gloves for cold weather riding. Full face helmet with goggles, Trailcross Goretex, and these gloves keeps my extremities warm when the temps are freezing.

View attachment 204033

Yeah I'm a brisker truther too. Snagged a pair earlier this season for $13 on eBay from last season's colors...they're excellent 25-40° gloves.

Now I just gotta make sure to intercept the box before my wife sees it.

Last edited:
Thx to @jdog’s IG post (a little while ago) putting a bug in my head, I swung by the shop and snagged a pair of Lake (cuz I gotz fat foots) low top winter’ish shoes.

4506B109-C829-4D67-B07F-52E40C61212E.jpeg

…yes, the irony of them being on a treadmill is not lost on me 😳

My old HT winter Lake’s did the job, but I really couldn’t stand the “Herman Munster” feeling….and they were way overkill for most winter rides. I always have the 45North’s if it’s friggen tundra cold.🥶

My quest to limit stiction in my forks is actually a fun practice . I pull my lowers probably more than anyone . Research found the motorex is just as good as supergliss and easily available in US so giving it a try . Manitou also uses and recommends this fork lowers , we shall see
Screenshot_20230118_104704_Chrome.jpg

PXL_20230114_185701554.jpg
PXL_20230114_195402028.jpg

Giving clipless a shot, picked up some crankbros doubleshots and got a winter sale deal on some shoes. Planning to use these for gravel riding and the indoor trainer, but *maybe* I'll consider for MTB too. Although I do appreciate how many times flats have saved me from some dumb crashes...

My quest to limit stiction in my forks is actually a fun practice . I pull my lowers probably more than anyone . Research found the motorex is just as good as supergliss and easily available in US so giving it a try . Manitou also uses and recommends this fork lowers , we shall see
View attachment 205199

Definitely curious to see how this goes. Any link to a comparison? I'd looked into ordering Supergliss from Europe or NZ but that just seemed insane.

View attachment 205209View attachment 205210

Giving clipless a shot, picked up some crankbros doubleshots and got a winter sale deal on some shoes. Planning to use these for gravel riding and the indoor trainer, but *maybe* I'll consider for MTB too. Although I do appreciate how many times flats have saved me from some dumb crashes...
I would think riding those doubleshots is actually harder than traditional clipless since you’ll have to get the pedal to the correct side before clipping in. Once your body learns the muscle memory of clipping in and out it it will become automatic. If I were a betting man I would wager than you will become more comfortable on clipless pedals in short order.

I would think riding those doubleshots is actually harder than traditional clipless since you’ll have to get the pedal to the correct side before clipping in. Once your body learns the muscle memory of clipping in and out it it will become automatic. If I were a betting man I would wager than you will become more comfortable on clipless pedals in short order.
They're definitely a bit of extra fuss compared to a typical 2-sided pedal. I tried a friend's eggbeaters and they're way easier to clip in & out of. So jury's still out if I stick with them long-term. (Mostly wanted something to run errands in sneakers & do longer rides without having to swap pedals, but it's definitely a compromise).

I did a 30 mile gravel ride this past weekend to break em in, only fell over twice 🤘

Yeah, that's definitely a good point and an added consideration I wouldn't want when learning.

I recently went back to clipless after having a rough time when first starting out mtb couple years ago. I'm a former roadie so I had the left leg clip out down pat but would end up panicking and not being able to get out with the right when I needed to. The first 5 or so rides I would just practice randomly through the ride in/out, in/out and now 2 months later I absolutely prefer clipless.

Nevermind bike parts…New Bike Day!!!!

I found a Unicorn!

53E458EE-1B76-43B6-B6D6-C2EB4443DC03.jpeg

I’ve been looking for a new Epic for probably over a year now. Nothing has ever been available until Tuesday night I found one at Hilltop in Cranford. Up next, the customizing can begin. Now that I found this the herd needs to be thinned. I actually have 3-4 bikes coming up for sale. You can soon have a new bike day too 😉

PayPal...
Oh.

I got one of these newfangled credit cards.

I guess I'll have to walk down to the bike shop to buy some Maxxis and/or Continental tires as they stock both. I just hate going through them trying to figure out which size/casing/tread/etc I want with store help over my shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom