6 Mile Run Conditions

I rode before lunch today and conditions were pretty dry with a few wet spots.

Huge thanks to the crew out there moving the dirt around! It's going to great!
Having fun playing w dirt
F4FB92D4-8769-4862-8D19-15BFA73484D4.jpeg

Hero dirt mixed with dry, sometimes loose conditions.

20220918_080836.jpg

New section ccw from the long boardwalk is bedding in nicely. The berms and small jumps remind me of parts of Nassau near Foran.

Anyone lose their dog around 8am on blue? Smaller pitbull looking dog was running ahead of me for a good mile. It looked freindly enough but lost.

NBD for me too. Epic Evo was a good match for 6 mile.

20220918_080832.jpg

Hero dirt mixed with dry, sometimes loose conditions.

View attachment 196464

New section ccw from the long boardwalk is bedding in nicely. The berms and small jumps remind me of parts of Nassau near Foran.

Anyone lose their dog around 8am on blue? Smaller pitbull looking dog was running ahead of me for a good mile. It looked freindly enough but lost.

NBD for me too. Epic Evo was a good match for 6 mile.

View attachment 196465
Nice you got it, congrats!!! But you passed up an opportunity for NDD?

Nice you got it, congrats!!! But you passed up an opportunity for NDD?
Thanks man. Next ride will be to put it through its paces at my home park, CR. How well it does could decide whether I keep my 140 Vitus trail bike.

The Epic was blazing fast at 6 mile. Smashed some of my best times including the times I set on a $12k Pivot World Cup demo bike. Amazing bike and so easy to hop and throw around.

Thanks man. Next ride will be to put it through its paces at my home park, CR. How well it does could decide whether I keep my 140 Vitus trail bike.

The Epic was blazing fast at 6 mile. Smashed some of my best times including the times I set on a $12k Pivot World Cup demo bike. Amazing bike and so easy to hop and throw around.
That’s a great bike - too bad they don’t make it an S6 .

Maybe I'll head out there with mine tomorrow or Tuesday. I haven't been out there yet this year (shame, shame, shame).

Lots of dirt moved around on the blue trail. We need some rain to pack it in.

Very special thanks to snashters who worked his ass off this am .

j

Attachments

• D9FC1BED-626E-4A5A-AC2E-A0A8C2EF1939.jpeg
    D9FC1BED-626E-4A5A-AC2E-A0A8C2EF1939.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 7DB41F23-7A43-4E4B-B429-505CB1B77C0C.jpeg
    7DB41F23-7A43-4E4B-B429-505CB1B77C0C.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Lots of dirt moved around on the blue trail. We need some rain to pick it in.
If you do any word on trail rideablility for this afternoon would be appreciated. I know a lot of rain moved through the area yesterday afternoon but it sounded like it recovered pretty well the last time a quick storm passed through.
Still dry. Until we see a hard frost, it’s gonna be good.

Big thanks to @EnglishMike for stopping to help. The cluster was made up of 5 good sized limbs. Most were floating, so it was about bucking it up into manageable sizes to get away from the trail.

There was PI involved.

Before

F99CF6D9-0F21-4784-990E-40E8ED224A7F.jpeg

After

1D013EDA-8502-4426-A6CB-D44469A0A66B.jpeg

It rides differently now - without the tree leaning into the space,
just need to make the step-up.

1600882469575.png

One other thing that happened.

the standing part of tree decided to let go, and fell into the go-around.
With a little work, there could still be a go-around. While it isn't tough to go over the roots,
it isn't easy.

Two years to the day since the last "fix"

1663719723969.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions