High Mountain Conditions

Frus

Encountered a coyote on ancients while heading down towards the water tower from orange double track on sunday, was not overly agressive but was barking at me quite a bit, may be taking up residence there or guarding a den of pups, stay alert out there.
I saw 2 pups and then the mother a ways down the trail on Friday (also ancients)

Mtbdog

Encountered a coyote on ancients while heading down towards the water tower from orange double track on sunday, was not overly agressive but was barking at me quite a bit, may be taking up residence there or guarding a den of pups, stay alert out there.
They've been there for a couple years now. Never had a problem with them. Although at first it is a bit unnerving.

BillyGoatBiker

car thief fled into high mountain this AM after crashing car in franklin lakes, wayne police, franklin lakes PD and bergen sheriffs were searching for him with dogs this morning, be careful out there today

Mtbdog

For Ji:
20210914_122904.jpg

20210914_123055.jpg

20210914_122722.jpg

20210914_122814.jpg

Orange heading towards Buttermilk Falls just past Blue intersection.

liong71er

For Ji:
View attachment 167211
View attachment 167212
View attachment 167213
View attachment 167214
Orange heading towards Buttermilk Falls just past Blue intersection.
Woahh,,Thank you so much Frank
I love riding through here and goes over blue then goes out to Breaknek Road onto Oakland side in my way to Connect Cannonball trail
pa;the first pics is the Rock Garden Turn,Did You Vleared that Section?

Thank you,I Appreciated your Efforts
Love This!!✌️🙏❤️

Mtbdog

More pics of some of your favorite trails to come. Yes cleaned then took photos. I enjoy that trail when I go to the circle to start a ride. Some survey markings on the wall? Don't know what it is about. Hope it is not the bat shutdown area! Enjoy your pictures of the amazing countryside! You getting your 6 mile tan from the red clay dirt!

liong71er

More pics of some of your favorite trails to come. Yes cleaned then took photos. I enjoy that trail when I go to the circle to start a ride. Some survey markings on the wall? Don't know what it is about. Hope it is not the bat shutdown area! Enjoy your pictures of the amazing countryside! You getting your 6 mile tan from the red clay dirt!
thanks Frank
Bat?We got Millions of Bat and no one cares😂

the Sun in This part of country are Evil,😊

jimf

Any news on conditions? Trying to figure out how far south I have to go to get a ride in this weekend for the no fatbike/tires with studs people.

Mtbdog

Any news on conditions? Trying to figure out how far south I have to go to get a ride in this weekend for the no fatbike/tires with studs people.
Surprisingly there's good traction where the snow is covering the trail. Crunchy goodness! Going downhill was interesting but fun. If you're up for an interesting ride, go for it. I believe you'll have a decent time. 👍
20220121_142031.jpg
20220121_142025.jpg

bucknejo

HMP looked good today - mostly dry with avoidable wet patches. Stayed mostly in the middle so lower places might still be a mess.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions