Boating, Sailing, & Floating Devices

THATmanMANNY

that’s just ‘trolling’

Is it that the owner doesn’t want to pay Manhattan docking prices? I’m just making assumptions here

Can they at least make the Bimini top not look like it was ordered from West Marine?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
raising CG by 10" might give a fish enough leverage to pull you over!

Gotta say i like the "maker" work here.
Had my first run on the "lifted" yak. Went to Shepard Lake in Ringwood. It was more unstable than I had hoped and the seat turned out to be really uncomfortable after 2 hours of fishing. I managed to stay up until I tried to get fancy and back paddle onto the boat launch. Flipped in a foot of water and broke one of my rods. :(

qclabrat

What's the deal with buying a small used boat with trailer? Seems registering the trailer is like buying a car. Do you need a bill of sale and vin#s? What else? Thought I could just tow it home then register it later...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Lightweight trailers do not have a title.
There is a form to fill out which must be notarized by the seller. Previous reg card helps.

Look up rules for non-titled trailers

Heavy trailers have a title and work just like a car.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That or the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin and you're golden!

This is true!
i'd recommend never giving up a trailer plate - just stick it on the next trailer.
assuming same amount of axles, who'd ever know. not that i've done that ;)

rick81721

Lothar
This is true!
i'd recommend never giving up a trailer plate - just stick it on the next trailer.
assuming same amount of axles, who'd ever know. not that i've done that ;)

I think I went thru 3 plates on our trailer. Super easy to get a new one

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fun on the water in Barnegat Light.

Got out on a 17' Hobie Getaway with my kids and niece, nephew. This Catamaran is a nice size for outings like this, it fits a lot of people and is a tank that's really seaworthy.

I rented it from Harvey Cedars, that area of the bay is better for sailing, it's more open with better water depths.

Renting is expensive, so I've been using my kayak daily to explore the bay. Earlier in the week my older son and I crossed the intercoastal from Barnegat Light to Island beach state park. This is always a good adventure.

20220802_132511.jpg

20220804_113705.jpg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
What is this whirlpool thing? There were 3 of them in a triangle. They were in the same spot when we went out, and then 3ish hours later when we came back. The water was like bubbling and the boat got really light going through. I've logged hundreds of hours in the area and have never seen them...

PSX_20220806_132015.jpg

Top Bottom