Marty's Iron Gate Endurance Race - Stephens State Park 10/2!!!

yes Station Road lot

suggest: add icon to ridewithgps

I really liked the loop - the first climb should space things out, and then it is on for the rest!
rippin' downhills, nice power sections. plenty of little tech. I'm gunna die!

course goes over the rock at the beginning of tressel ? 2 minute penalty for skipping? :D

I really liked the loop - the first climb should space things out, and then it is on for the rest!

course goes over the rock at the beginning of tressel ? 2 minute penalty for skipping? :D

Thanks that puts me down 2 minutes before I even get to the event 🤪

I have inquired with the park about camping the night before. In essence it looks like they would permit it but it will double our operational costs as it would now be a 2 day event. As long as we get a bunch of people and charge $200 to camp it would be feasible. :rolleyes: I asked for clarification on this and haven't heard back yet. If it's double it's a no go.
Thx for asking. I was thinking it would be fun and you could make some extra cabbage. Crazy that the park would constitute this as 2 days and double the permit cost. Ouch.

This is the big rock on the right; 6-7 feet long and two and a half feet high?

This is the big rock on the right; 6-7 feet long and two and a half feet high?

gotta go around the back of it, step onto it, do a lewie on top then a slight step down, roll off and turn right at the bottom.
probably 8' off the ground on the high side, with a ramp down. it really could use a name.
Our group stopped there, and i rode through and hit it while @Reggie was explaining the options.
@mtbiker87 rolled through - not sure who else. I know there were a couple.

@xc62701 caught up with us right there.

If you rode the course this weekend and were bummed about the tree on skeezix. The trail beaver was out there this morning and it’s gone.
E53C0BB8-9896-44CA-896C-B1672CBCE47D.jpeg
A40232BC-67E0-4F64-89BB-F18262F02896.jpeg

Heading to Iron Gate 11am. Short notice but if anyone is around I'll be doing a intermediate pace on the race course. Meet at Gate 11am. 2 hours max back to car

Can't do today but keep posting up; I'd like another shot at the loop.

Back
Top Bottom