The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Day 24 - social ride with Risdon.

https://strava.app.link/WZbCOKoL9hb
1627142129853.png

7/24
0:59
Hard Pack
I think I have triumphed over the discussed mud hole at nesh. I smack the hell out of it and move my shovel.
10F21AB3-487B-4F19-9AFF-33B336CF2396.jpeg

I scrape the rut on the downhill side of another mud-hole-when rains spot and then do a loop.
EB1798D5-BFF8-4F78-B572-76EA78780D96.jpeg

Conditions are fantastic but I don’t feel particularly great.
74C5B31A-9F7A-40E0-9CE9-88F8320658A5.jpeg

NICA ride, Mercer
1:17
LBC: Mercer
We have a bunch of capable coaches this year and one actually knows Mercer, so we have two groups. I head out to do the full blue loop but right as we get to the boat house, a kid breaks a chain stay clean through. F. So he skates alll the way back to west picnic.
E3E8CFDF-2C17-4575-BEBA-1901A9F094E6.jpeg

We actually make really good time and have a full hour left to ride. As we are winding down I see this stump, which is wheel height. I demo it for the kids, and break down the process of approaching something like this and how all of the bs skills we are teaching and where it can get you too. Hit it two more times before I get the manual on the top/off the other side. Then my son tries and and is successful on his second try. So many dad feels.
1627144572904.gif

a coach apparently took a video of me
Too
1627150359955.gif

45013A10-8EA2-4A34-9020-C4E3C83295AA.jpeg

Last edited:
@GSTim

In looking at the score sheet, I don't think anyone is in the multiple TM boat. I was going to reconsider as even my wife thought the way you did. But looking at the leaderboard, I don't think it's even an issue.

7/24

1:01

https://www.strava.com/activities/5679728034

22/20+

Woke up this morning with a very unhappy back. Decided to do a lame 1 hr road ride today, one more tomorrow to get to 21 straight days, then take a day off. Or two.

To further cement the decision, I nearly got hit not once but twice today in the first 4 miles of the ride. First was my fault, coming out of our complex it's a steep downhill to a left turn on Concord ridge - I didn't see a green suv approaching as it blended in with the trees behind it and had to brake hard. Then crossing 202 via Everitts, when the light turned green, I went straight across and some jackass in a white pickup turning left decides to whip in front of me - another very hard brake and fishtail to a stop, many expletives sent his way. The Gods are telling me something, or as Bill Engvall says, "Here's your sign".

Anywho, already wrote far too many words for such a short ride but one last observation - must be an organized ride today as I saw more roadies in this one hour ride today than I've seen the last 3 weeks combined.

View attachment 163380

Ramble rode today out of Madison is probably all the riders you saw. First big event around here for a while but I had to skip it today.

Day 24

No chance I was able to get up to go to Jungle. So I hit the road at 9:30.

45 miles, just over 2.5 hours:

24 days
15 MTB/11 road rides
Total time: 49:42

I got home just after 12 and both kids were still asleep. You know how sometimes maybe you feel like an irresponsible parent for going out to ride? Yeah no, not the case here.

I did not take any pics today. So you get yesterday's tabletop build effort.

tKKv83r.jpg

Ramble rode today out of Madison is probably all the riders you saw. First big event around here for a while but I had to skip it today.

Not sure that goes all the way down where he is? Maybe it is, IDK.

I crossed the route like 9 times today, but I was in the heart of that area.

Day 24

No chance I was able to get up to go to Jungle. So I hit the road at 9:30.

45 miles, just over 2.5 hours:

24 days
15 MTB/11 road rides
Total time: 49:42

I got home just after 12 and both kids were still asleep. You know how sometimes maybe you feel like an irresponsible parent for going out to ride? Yeah no, not the case here.

I did not take any pics today. So you get yesterday's tabletop build effort.

tKKv83r.jpg

Totally want to come check out your at home MTB course one day with proper adult supervision

Day 24: 1 week to go. Seven days seems like nothing now :cool:

All were up at the crack of dawn today, as my wife had to work early and the older guys headed off for a week-long canoe trek in the Adirondacks with their Boy Scout troop.

So with the little guys, it had to be something mellow with minimal climbing, so I took them to the West Essex rail trail; the spine, if you will, for our locals.

At their pace, it was easy to bang out an hour plus, although if you asked them, that was probably 45 minutes too long :p

https://strava.app.link/HXt1OoKX9hb
1627152844348.png

I started at Anadigics in 1990, left in 2001, went back in 2006, out again in 2014, returned in 2017 after ii-vi bought the place. Honestly, I think it's my hell and you all are minor characters in my eternal damnation.
My buddy Bob Schulz used to work there.

Back
Top Bottom