The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Kaleidopete

I used to say " on your left" on the rail trail but this seems to confuse most people who are not used to walking on the trail, especially during and after all this pandemic period.

I have decided that "passing behind you" called out from a bit further back results in the said families or groups of people usually splitting up on either side of the trail. so instead of trying to explain " no im passing on YOUR left" I have time to see where they move to and then just pick my line between them, or around whichever side they moved to.

I always try to say thanks or something polite even if what I really wanted to say was Get the F outta the way.
I use my whistle to alert walkers and wait and see which way they move, then a nice thank you.

Gordo

Attachments

• 0B86B1F9-393C-447E-BB9A-408ADDF8C243.jpeg
    0B86B1F9-393C-447E-BB9A-408ADDF8C243.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 62

Shaggz

A strong 7
Another 730 conference call so i had to sneak in a ride around lunch. Because weather.

While technically a check the box ride, I rather enjoyed riding through some of the back roads of Lake Mohawk. It's really is a pretty town - great views, mature trees and unique homes. However, the drivers suck. Everyone seemed angry, aggressive and on edge. Take a deep breath folks - it's summer.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/zPljiaJqJhb
Resized_strava7167666369962300370_20273794816274.jpeg

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 8 ✔️
No picture today, too busy finishing the ride before the first round of rain hit.
After over a decade of using the road to train on, I just can’t find the enjoyment in ‘just doing a road ride’ anymore. I don’t mind a recovery road ride, but just going out and aimlessly riding on the road I find painfully boring. So today I randomly pulled a training workout out of the old library and did some ramp intervals during my ride. It made the hour much more enjoyable, plus it seemed like the hour went faster. I guess I’ll start training for nothing.

8C1D3D2A-1250-49C0-A5E0-F88DE8F46C72.jpeg

Ian F

I seem to do intervals when it's raining. They keep me warm. Although what I tend to do is go back-and-forth on one section of road not too far from my house.

Fortunately, it looks like the forecast for tomorrow afternoon has improved, so I may be able to skip the o-dark early ride and do my more usual after-work loop. I'm hoping Nox will be dry enough Sat afternoon to ride, since I'll be up that way.

Top Bottom