The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

JDurk

Still working on getting out the door earlier to pad my time allocated for possible mishaps. Luckily staying close to home worked today. Rear tire was not holding air, so limped home and swapped bikes to get the hour. Tomorrow is going to be tough with the weather and driving to the Finger Lakes for a much needed vacation.
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/6Mthd7lRIhb
Screenshot_20210708-065008_Strava.jpg

20210708_061048.jpg

ekuhn

Got today and tomorrow planned for the canal. I can't being myself to hit the road after 10am anymore, just too freaky. So I use the canal as a means when I can't ride before work. Better than nothing!
Its a non stressful ride. The biggest stress is families walking 4 abreast and not wanting to move over. Just only two options, North or South.

rlb

Its a non stressful ride. The biggest stress is families walking 4 abreast and not wanting to move over. Just only two options, North or South.

Yeah I agree, I just give the "HELLO" as I approach and a smile/thanks as I pass, that usually works. Despite the numbing factor its really easy for me to grab the bike and go any time of day (less than 10 mins to Bound Brook from my door).

That said, I missed it yesterday so looks like I'm in the 20/30 camp now. Still way more riding than I've been doing!

ekuhn

Yeah I agree, I just give the "HELLO" as I approach and a smile/thanks as I pass, that usually works. Despite the numbing factor its really easy for me to grab the bike and go any time of day (less than 10 mins to Bound Brook from my door).

That said, I missed it yesterday so looks like I'm in the 20/30 camp now. Still way more riding than I've been doing!
Totally. I always give the "Rider Up!" way ahead. Should just buy another bell.

I also say thank you and have a great day! It catches them off guard.

iman29

I used to say " on your left" on the rail trail but this seems to confuse most people who are not used to walking on the trail, especially during and after all this pandemic period.

I have decided that "passing behind you" called out from a bit further back results in the said families or groups of people usually splitting up on either side of the trail. so instead of trying to explain " no im passing on YOUR left" I have time to see where they move to and then just pick my line between them, or around whichever side they moved to.

I always try to say thanks or something polite even if what I really wanted to say was Get the F outta the way.

EJphotos

Totally. I always give the "Rider Up!" way ahead. Should just buy another bell.

I also say thank you and have a great day! It catches them off guard.
I used to say " on your left" on the rail trail but this seems to confuse most people who are not used to walking on the trail, especially during and after all this pandemic period.

I have decided that "passing behind you" called out from a bit further back results in the said families or groups of people usually splitting up on either side of the trail. so instead of trying to explain " no im passing on YOUR left" I have time to see where they move to and then just pick my line between them, or around whichever side they moved to.

I always try to say thanks or something polite even if what I really wanted to say was Get the F outta the way.
I usually just shout "Behind you!" but 9 times out of 10 they are wearing headphones completely oblivious to their surroundings so I scare the crap out of them when I buzz by them.

Top Bottom