The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

rick81721

Lothar
7/7

5/20+

1:41

Ever notice how so many people start their write ups with "Day/ride X in the books". What books? Who on earth would write A book about this contest, let alone more than one book? These silly expressions really take the cake. The use of the English language around here is going down the tubes.

Anywho, a little humid today but nice and cool in the shade and downhills. If I really wanted to feel like home in FL again, I'd go out around 3 pm. Did a loop west to Stockton and back.

20210707_101027.jpg

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
7/7

5/20+

1:41

Ever notice how so many people start their write ups with "Day/ride X in the books". What books? Who on earth would write A book about this contest, let alone more than one book? These silly expressions really take the cake. The use of the English language around here is going down the tubes.

Anywho, a little humid today but nice and cool in the shade and downhills. If I really wanted to feel like home in FL again, I'd go out around 3 pm. Did a loop west to Stockton and back.

View attachment 161503
Cake? What flavor? 🤪

EJphotos

I'll stop using that expression if you give me 10 clams.

Otherwise

1625673606809.png

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
JIYF21-07:The paperboy’s route
https://strava.app.link/TgA2sVUFHhb
1625679777351.png

When that 1p conference call is actually at noon and you have to take it in a park straddling your bike...

So this guy here is Orange Whip.
As I have posted, I finished building it just before the pandemonium.
it’s the perfect bike for these contests, or just about any pandemic.
Equally at home on pavement, gravel or light single track, you don’t need to have a plan before leaving the house.
Just choose your own adventure as you go.
Pretty sure I did the entire July contest last year on this.

iman29

Alright I just did a big update to the sheet to help sort out the use of mulligans.

People who are in the “31ers” are in the clear (as long as they keep it up) for the 31 for 31.

If you are a “Mulligan”, that means you still have a chance of getting back in the 31ers, you just owe on your Mulligan (see post above by @Norm).

If you are in the 20ers, you still are in it for the 20 day part of the challenge, just not for the 31 for 31.

If you miss too many days, I’ll drop those people to “Out”.

If I screwed any data up lemme know and I will audit myself and do the fixing. Get out and ride!

I like the update - thanks! that sure is a LOT of green well done 31's!

I always planned for the 20+ category since I dont see any chance to ride today or tomorrow between work and the wedding anniversary.

I will still see if I can get the Mulligan whenever trail Maintenance chance comes up just because I should do some TM anyway and put in the time.

iman29

JIYF21-07:The paperboy’s route
https://strava.app.link/TgA2sVUFHhb
View attachment 161512

When that 1p conference call is actually at noon and you have to take it in a park straddling your bike...

So this guy here is Orange Whip.
As I have posted, I finished building it just before the pandemonium.
it’s the perfect bike for these contests, or just about any pandemic.
Equally at home on pavement, gravel or light single track, you don’t need to have a plan before leaving the house.
Just choose your own adventure as you go.
Pretty sure I did the entire July contest last year on this.

better than if you were straddling a porto-john or something :p

and yes i remember that bike when you built it for the group ride at Columbia trail right before COVID started.

Top Bottom