The Garbage Heap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent some time at the concrete bridge last night. Cleared out all the twigs and sticks and stirred up the settlement to get it downstream. I learned that my waders aren't as water tight as they used to be. The beaver's got some work to do. Water level went down a foot plus.

Exit side (far and right in photos) needs some work. I watched most everyone (not all) not make it through the now dry rock garden. One guy did a full 90* endo, but saved it!

View attachment 160016

View attachment 160017

View attachment 160018
rTalk,
Bridge looks great, thanks @ekuhn

what’s this talk of an excavator to dig out a stream to prevent this? disrupting a natural stream so a bridge doesn’t overflow? Seems unnecessary.
How bout trim the whole place with signs “JORBA trimmed this”. Seems like a better use of resources, @Patrick

rTalk,
Bridge looks great, thanks @ekuhn

what’s this talk of an excavator to dig out a stream to prevent this? disrupting a natural stream so a bridge doesn’t overflow? Seems unnecessary.
How bout trim the whole place with signs “JORBA trimmed this”. Seems like a better use of resources, @Patrick

cause i want to drive an excavator.
I can run a hedge trimmer any time.
probably use a small skid steer anyway. can bring the auger attachment and put in a few holes for future bridge support.

probably use a small skid steer anyway. can bring the auger attachment and put in a few holes for future bridge support.
At least your honest that it has nothing to do with what needs to be done. Trimming needs to be done now, do this other stuff when you have a plan for a bridge and when other stuff isn’t an issue.

would seriously reconsider smashing down a path to get over there and digging random holes that will be filled in before something is built. Also, you may cause other issues.

Last edited:
If @Patrick says run the excavator in the stream let’s do it, I can lend a CAT 315. I don’t think the DEP will have any issue with that. Maybe I will bring my buddies low boy with D8 for jumps. Also, any trails here coming up with “no name”. I have access to a 953 center steer we can bring boulders in with and block those trails. Let’s get our digital signature cleaned up!

At least your honest that it has nothing to do with what needs to be done. Trimming needs to be done now, do this other stuff when you have a plan for a bridge and when other stuff isn’t an issue.

would seriously reconsider smashing down a path to get over there and digging random holes that will be filled in before something is built. Also, you may cause other issues.

i don't ride there. well, i don't ride really. so there is that.

do need to repair two bridges tho.

i don't ride there. well, i don't ride really. so there is that.

do need to repair two bridges tho.
You do realize how HIGHLY illegal it is to roll equipment into a stream and start changing the flow of water? I will add to that how HIGHLY illegal it is to do so without also controlling sediment running downstream?

Trimmers sound like a good idea.

BTW, are you suggesting JORBA would be funding this machine in the river and supporting these actions?

You do realize how HIGHLY illegal it is to roll equipment into a stream and start changing the flow of water? I will add to that how HIGHLY illegal it is to do so without also controlling sediment running downstream?

Trimmers sound like a good idea.

BTW, are you suggesting JORBA would be funding this machine in the river and supporting these actions?

Black ops.

Black ops.

All seriousness, for a site that chastises fight club, riding in mud and not riding with helmets…..

If you want to get noticed with authorities as well as the community, start having weekend warriors running equipment in wetlands…. in the name of mountain bikes…without permitting or a full plan of water flow change/affects. With JORBA funding?!?!?

Hopefully I don’t get banned for this or a glitch that doesn’t allow me to post again.

All seriousness, for a site that chastises fight club, riding in mud and not riding with helmets…..

If you want to get noticed with authorities as well as the community, start having weekend warriors running equipment in wetlands…. in the name of mountain bikes…without permitting or a full plan of water flow change/affects. With JORBA funding?!?!?

Hopefully I don’t get banned for this or a glitch that doesn’t allow me to post again.
For the record - JORBA would *never* fund/support/encourage an operation like this. As someone with 25+ years enforcing federal environmental laws, if I thought for a second that any of the excavator-in-stream talk was serious it would be shut down immediately, well before any equipment moved.

For the record - JORBA would *never* fund/support/encourage an operation like this. As someone with 25+ years enforcing federal environmental laws, if I thought for a second that any of the excavator-in-stream talk was serious it would be shut down immediately, well before any equipment moved.

too late.

1446226754-y38p97 (1).gif

9iAyycY.gif

Unfortunately @Patrick thinks it is a joke and as an admin of the site gets to ignore the seriousness of post that in a thread that park staff has been known to read. Saying you are going to disrupt a stream with an excavator doesn’t really seem funny.

Obviously some need to lighten up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom