Disturbing "no helmet" trend

bydabeach

Sorry, late to the thread. Random thoughts.
1. How about putting a simple sign at the main parking lot that says something like be sure to wear a helmet?

2. For people not wearing helmets and gently riding the not too technical trails, are they at a greater risk of getting hurt than those out in the pit areas going off the drops and jumps that are not supposed to be there anyway?

3. On etiquette- always thought the descending rider was supposed to stop/yield to the ascending rider on an hill/incline, but this looks far from settled based on experience and the linked poll. But times have changed, and more people have a me first attitude.

4. Like the linked article/comments say, and like in life, the "don't be a dick" rule is always helpful. If others are being dicks, let them be dicks and don't be a dick or a karen by shouting at them. They'll get theirs someday, some way.

one piece crank

This circles back to organ donors, no?

Bell-Helmets-10-Head-Helmet-Decal-Sticker-Drag.jpg

helmets-a-ten-dollar-head-small-88681.jpg

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
3. On etiquette- always thought the descending rider was supposed to stop/yield to the ascending rider on an hill/incline, but this looks far from settled based on experience and the linked poll. But times have changed, and more people have a me first attitude.
Downhill rider yields to uphill rider, unless it's a one way trail, then one person shouldn't be there, and two people will get hurt.

Johnny Utah

I heard the park police are placing an officer in the lots, they are going to be checking for helmets, making sure there are no batteries in bikes (watch out e-bikers!) and writing heavy fines for skidding. If someone can confirm, I heard it will be plain cloths officers, like a sting! Dragnet!!!!

btw - anyone catch the signs placed by the Park Police offering a $5k reward to find out who the person creating all of the “un-named segments” on the trail applications is. Not sure about you guys, I am not a snitch but $5k is $5k.

On the opposite side, I saw a guy wearing a full face helmet (maybe a “they” not sure), I stopped them and let them have it. A full face is WAY too much helmet for Allaire unless you are riding Tiger Woods, then it is okay. But judging by the fact that they had a mail order bike they definitely didn’t have the ability for that trail. Goobers.

one more thing, full size vehicles shouldn’t be allowed to park at Allaire. Maybe that is something we push later. Definitely bigger issues to fry (I don’t eat fried food btw, lol lol) But f full-size vehicles. I think that would solve the parking issues of the full lot but what do I know!

CommandoStyle

On the opposite side, I saw a guy wearing a full face helmet (maybe a “they” not sure), I stopped them and let them have it. A full face is WAY too much helmet for Allaire unless you are riding Tiger Woods, then it is okay. But judging by the fact that they had a mail order bike they definitely didn’t have the ability for that trail. Goobers.
I’m not sure why you would give someone a hard time for wearing a full face helmet unless they were on a motorcycle. Maybe this whole post is in jest??

Frank

Sasquatch
I heard the park police are placing an officer in the lots, they are going to be checking for helmets, making sure there are no batteries in bikes (watch out e-bikers!) and writing heavy fines for skidding. If someone can confirm, I heard it will be plain cloths officers, like a sting! Dragnet!!!!

btw - anyone catch the signs placed by the Park Police offering a $5k reward to find out who the person creating all of the “un-named segments” on the trail applications is. Not sure about you guys, I am not a snitch but $5k is $5k.

one more thing, full size vehicles shouldn’t be allowed to park at Allaire. Maybe that is something we push later. Definitely bigger issues to fry (I don’t eat fried food btw, lol lol) But f full-size vehicles. I think that would solve the parking issues of the full lot but what do I know!
Love it!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions