The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Plugs suck. $50 for a patch is getting up there, but if done right it'll last as long as the tire.
I've had good luck with plugs. But also bad luck.

Any issue patching a tire if it's been plugged?

I ask as I wouldn't mind plugging a tire myself as it's easy, but then later on getting a patch.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I ask as I wouldn't mind plugging a tire myself as it's easy, but then later on getting a patch.
No issue, assuming you are talking about the tar strip plugs? They'll just pull it out, ream it out, and throw in a patch-plug from the inside. If they do it right and clean/grind the rubber ridges down on the inside before vulcanizing it in, they'll last the tire. Just never use fix-a-flat or they'll hate you. And most good places will only do a repair in the tread of the tire.

Repairable%20area.jpg

I was pretty good at them when I did that stuff. $50 sounds a bit high, but it does take some time to do right. You're still lifting up the car, removing the wheel and tire, waiting on cement to get tacky before throwing it in, rebalancing it after. It's not a 5 minute thing.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Pretty much what Magic said. Sometimes you can just patch over the existing plug since it's already filling the channel. If you plug yourself, try and keep track of the object angle so you don't make a new, different hole.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No issue, assuming you are talking about the tar strip plugs? They'll just pull it out, ream it out, and throw in a patch-plug from the inside. If they do it right and clean/grind the rubber ridges down on the inside before vulcanizing it in, they'll last the tire. Just never use fix-a-flat or they'll hate you. And most good places will only do a repair in the tread of the tire.

Repairable%20area.jpg

I was pretty good at them when I did that stuff. $50 sounds a bit high, but it does take some time to do right. You're still lifting up the car, removing the wheel and tire, waiting on cement to get tacky before throwing it in, rebalancing it after. It's not a 5 minute thing.

This sounds like some Polish magic. Who vulcanizes?? This isn't Transylvania.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Repairable%20area.jpg

when someone pulls in and the car is held together with duct tape and zip ties, that area expands, and the wheel def does not come off the car.

Top Bottom