Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

AndyJ

New tree down at Huber. It's small and easy to ride/hop over, but if you're riding Many Log Run counter-clockwise, it can be a bit of a surprise, as you've just gone down the hill and are negotiating the sand at the bottom as the trail turns left.

huber.jpg

Last edited:

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Hartshorne was 96.75 % good today. Just the normal spots down near the alligator and near the bridge on rocky point.

One or two other spots should be good by this afternoon.

two trees are down . Kinda near where I marked them on the map. I'll tell the park system

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210329-165851.png
    Screenshot_20210329-165851.png
    343.7 KB · Views: 84

AndyJ

Wait, other people don't ride everything at Huber both ways? Asking for a friend.
Heh heh... I ride there from home, which is a 14 mile round trip in itself, so if I have enough time and motivation to do more than a one-way trip through Huber (although that still results in some repeated sections to cover everything), I'd rather go to Hartshorne :)

Tim

aka sptimmy43
It was Dog Day Afternoon at Hartshorne, not only were there a lot of hikers today but they all bought a dog, one group had six.
I wanted to ride Harts after work today but the Buttermilk lot was full when I got there around 3:30. I was short on time and didn‘t want to drive to Rocky Point so I went over to Huber. Glad I did...it wasn‘t busy there at all...and the conditions were about as good as they get. And yes, I rode everything both directions...is there any other way?

That new Claypit lot at Hartshorne can’t be finished soon enough...

AndyJ

Yeah, I was at Hartshorne Tuesday evening as well (but as mentioned earlier, rode there so parking wasn't an issue.) Weekday evenings used to be relatively quiet, but not anymore.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Yeah, I was at Hartshorne Tuesday evening as well (but as mentioned earlier, rode there so parking wasn't an issue.) Weekday evenings used to be relatively quiet, but not anymore.
I go SUPER early weekend mornings. Like to get out by 9:30. My wife (Borat voice) and I are looking for a house down that way-ish and hope to be riding there weekday mornings before work on the regular

AndyJ

I go SUPER early weekend mornings. Like to get out by 9:30. My wife (Borat voice) and I are looking for a house down that way-ish and hope to be riding there weekday mornings before work on the regular
I wish I was motivated to do that, but I'm not a morning person. I need to ease in to the day. 🥱 I usually start work around 7:00 - 7:30 anyway, so I'd have to be there really early.
Spring break this past week for schools will do that.
Not just this week, but in general. Probably still from more people working from home and not having to waste time after work commuting and such (and that's a good thing IMO)

Oh, and conditions should be nice today :) I'll probably be over there sometime in the late afternoon or evening.

Karate Monkey

Was in Huber ~2P. Excellent all around, except for the Brown's Dock side of the 'Meadow Ramble' connector (you know, the special rutted out spot that's been there forever-and-a-day). Seems like it might be a good continuation of the work in that area they did last year @pooriggy .

My singlespeed has finally been baptized in the home park, though the gearing is too tall for here. Need to add a couple of teeth sprocket for when I ride here. If you heard howling, that was me stalling at the top of a climb and tipping into the only [apparently] thorn patch in the park.

mfennell

My singlespeed has finally been baptized in the home park, though the gearing is too tall for here. Need to add a couple of teeth sprocket for when I ride here. If you heard howling, that was me stalling at the top of a climb and tipping into the only [apparently] thorn patch in the park.
There used to be a good one on the outside of the final left just before the clearing coming up from the lower lot. Spent quite a few minutes lying motionless in it once trying to figure out how to get out w/o causing more pain first. Failed.

Both parks were pretty good early this morning.

Hartshorne trivia I learned recently: the original land was bought by Hartshorne from the Lenape in 1670 for 13 shillings. The cabin that the scouts use was originally a play house for the umpteenth descendants of that guy.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Hit Hartshorne for the first time this Easter morning. Great conditions, very quiet and a fun place to get a break from NNJ rocks. Thanks for the tour @Flow !

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
There used to be a good one on the outside of the final left just before the clearing coming up from the lower lot. Spent quite a few minutes lying motionless in it once trying to figure out how to get out w/o causing more pain first. Failed.

Both parks were pretty good early this morning.

Hartshorne trivia I learned recently: the original land was bought by Hartshorne from the Lenape in 1670 for 13 shillings. The cabin that the scouts use was originally a play house for the umpteenth descendants of that guy.
Nice!!!
Some more trivia it's pronounced harts-horne.

However, I most always pronounce it the other way for some reason.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions