Thursday Nights at Chimney Rock

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am monitoring the situation carefully

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm going skiing Friday morning, so out.
I'll be back for the following week.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
nope. I think it’s go time. But supposed to rain tomorrow and Thursday. Let’s plan for next week.
If any of you guys ever want to join we do a thursday hills ride on the road. Typically 30sec-5 min efforts and easy tecovery in between. Basically all of the hills in the atlantic highlands area.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm not racing this year but anticipate B level effort rides at CR for me. I don't think I could hang with the Pro level guys these days.

Me and Kirt will probably end up doing a splinter ride from use.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm not racing this year but anticipate B level effort rides at CR for me. I don't think I could hang with the Pro level guys these days.

Me and Kirt will probably end up doing a splinter ride from use.

I’ll go with the flow. These rides are more mental health than increasing fitness.

I really look forward to cracking open that post ride beverage and chillin for 30 minutes.
If any of you guys ever want to join we do a thursday hills ride on the road. Typically 30sec-5 min efforts and easy tecovery in between. Basically all of the hills in the atlantic highlands area.

it’s hard to get all the way down there. That’s close to 90 minute drive for me.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So, that's a couple of highway overpasses?

I wonder how crowded CR will be after work hours? Probably bad, right?
Have u ever ridden hartshorne? The water side of 35 south of 1st avenue has tons of super punchy climbs. The longest being about 7-8 minutes at a decent pace. Obnoxiously steep. We found a good group of guys that like to push the limits(sort of like the old chimney rock ride). I know that since starting this ride last spring I have raised my 1 min power by over 30% and my 5 min power by over 20% so it works. I have been looking for strong people to train with and finally found a group. There have been some random other people that are strong and like to push but their commitment level is about 10%.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I’ll go with the flow. These rides are more mental health than increasing fitness.

I really look forward to cracking open that post ride beverage and chillin for 30 minutes.

it’s hard to get all the way down there. That’s close to 90 minute drive for me.
Beer sounds good.

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Have u ever ridden hartshorne? The water side of 35 south of 1st avenue has tons of super punchy climbs. The longest being about 7-8 minutes at a decent pace. Obnoxiously steep. We found a good group of guys that like to push the limits(sort of like the old chimney rock ride). I know that since starting this ride last spring I have raised my 1 min power by over 30% and my 5 min power by over 20% so it works. I have been looking for strong people to train with and finally found a group. There have been some random other people that are strong and like to push but their commitment level is about 10%.
Never ridden down there. It's a PIA to get to after work, that's for sure. Sounds like fun, but my commitment would be about 10% too...

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What time are night rides at CR?
It depends on what time folks can make it. It's been anywhere from 3:30- 5ish.

This is traditionally a hammer ride, you have to bring a hammer to join in.

At some point I'll do the Thursday night ride but I'll bring a rubber mallet. Probably shooting for 5:30 start for me. I'll post up when I plan to go.

Gene

The Dancing Machine

At some point I'll do the Thursday night ride but I'll bring a rubber mallet. Probably shooting for 5:30 start for me. I'll post up when I plan to go.
1617811665005.gif

Hammer time!

Gene

The Dancing Machine

I’ve heard hammer time pants are the new tights and help making sure you have all the right looks on the trail.

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
As of now, I'm good to go. Would rather get there earlier than later, but flexible based on everyone elses's schedule. @TripJ's may want to join in on the fun too.

taylor185

Team MTBNJ Halter's
unfortunately, can't make tomorrow. hope to join in at some point this spring... just need to convince the wife.

BrianGT3

I'm hoping I can make it to this later this season, I'm a blob right now. I'm hoping for more time. Got back into a riding routine in March, then slammed with work 3 weeks ago. Finding time to get on the bike has been tough!

Top Bottom