20-21 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, nice and soft with all Ice is covered.

They did a good job by not grooming all of the trails, with some wider runs were done 1/2 groomed and 1/2 al natural.

All of Glades and off trail tree access have plenty of snow, but trees need to be thinned out to be perfect. But what company has $$$ for that?
In normal years they do have some Summer woods clearing days in exchange for lift tickets. Not sure with the pandemic. But, if you compare how good the skiing is at Platty vs. waiting in lines at Hunter, there is no question. I just wish he could open on weekdays.

Yes, nice and soft with all Ice is covered.

They did a good job by not grooming all of the trails, with some wider runs were done 1/2 groomed and 1/2 al natural.

All of Glades and off trail tree access have plenty of snow, but trees need to be thinned out to be perfect. But what company has $$$ for that?
Deer valley

Does anyone remember these? I was a skate rat at the time but wasn’t near snow so I certainly don’t...

😂😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: don
Does anyone remember these? I was a skate rat at the time but wasn’t near snow so I certainly don’t...

😂😂😂

no, but fairly sure i had that rugby shirt.
rubber buttons - safer in the scrum.

and tube socks.

Can you folks give me deets on Vermont skiing. We will be at lake george over presidents weekend and Gore is only open to season pass holders weekends and holidays. Bromley seems the closest with Pico second, yes skipping killington here for reasons my wife won't tell me. Willing to drive over to Vermont to get the kids boards out for a day. What protocols are there if any.

Can you folks give me deets on Vermont skiing. We will be at lake george over presidents weekend and Gore is only open to season pass holders weekends and holidays. Bromley seems the closest with Pico second, yes skipping killington here for reasons my wife won't tell me. Willing to drive over to Vermont to get the kids boards out for a day. What protocols are there if any.
These are the rules, that most skiers I know seem to be ignoring.

• Residents of other states must adhere to the quarantine guidelines:
    • Travelers arriving to Vermont in a personal vehicle must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions.
    • Travelers arriving to Vermont who have not completed a pre-arrival quarantine must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment or with friends and family (travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site).
    • Read more about quarantining at the Vermont Department of Health website.
  • All out of state travelers utilizing lodging, camping and short-term rental properties in Vermont must sign and complete a Certificate of Compliance or affirm a compliance statement via a digital check box at the time of reservation and check-in to attest that they meet the quarantine requirement or are an essential/authorized worker.

These are the rules, that most skiers I know seem to be ignoring.

• Residents of other states must adhere to the quarantine guidelines:
    • Travelers arriving to Vermont in a personal vehicle must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions.
    • Travelers arriving to Vermont who have not completed a pre-arrival quarantine must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment or with friends and family (travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site).
    • Read more about quarantining at the Vermont Department of Health website.
  • All out of state travelers utilizing lodging, camping and short-term rental properties in Vermont must sign and complete a Certificate of Compliance or affirm a compliance statement via a digital check box at the time of reservation and check-in to attest that they meet the quarantine requirement or are an essential/authorized worker.
I have already read that garble, what I need to know is if I walk up to purchase a ticket will the covid police arrest me and my family and lock us up for 14 days. Or can I purchase a damn ticket and enjoy our day. I freaking keep losing my mind how I can walk into Costco with 500 other people without a peep but I can't do something that outside.

I have already read that garble, what I need to know is if I walk up to purchase a ticket will the covid police arrest me and my family and lock us up for 14 days. Or can I purchase a damn ticket and enjoy our day. I freaking keep losing my mind how I can walk into Costco with 500 other people without a peep but I can't do something that outside.
You can buy a ticket but most places require you do so in advance online. At worst you have to sign that you have properly quarantined whether you did or not. There is no actual enforcement.

Got my two tickets to ride.

Hoping for a powder day or at least some decent leftovers on Wednesday. Have my epic pass reservations at Hunter and bought a ticket for Belleayre. I figure it’s worth the price of a ticket to avoid the Hunter powder frenzy which will only leave fresh snow for 1 run. At least belleayre has some decent glades and Cathedral Brook should be filled in.

Then there is a slim chance for a Powder Daize at Plattekill.

you need to get them in advance, online. no police involvement for COVID. When you buy them, you’ll have to sign that vermont attestation form, don’t forget, or you’ll be walking back to the ticket office, you can’t get thru the lift line without that thing filled out. It’s skiing great right now! Just hope it stays cold.

I've had friends come up to my Vermont place for the weekend and buy day tickets without any problems at Killington. You just need to use the Park Whiz app to make parking reservations. For weekends and presidents week . Weekdays parking reservations are not needed.

i'm trying to purchase a lift ticket for thursday at blue. wow, 1/2 hour wait to get to where i can purchase it!

i just splurged on the new Burton Step-On setup. pretty happy with everything so far.

I was running gen2 from 20 years ago. I run a real setup when there is snow. Going to look into the new ones. Probably just epoxy the boots back together.
Better than nothing well kinda 😂
There is no wax on the board. And 40 minute lift lines atm. I’m done for now. 1 run.
Going to go work with the kids after their lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom