20-21 Ski/Snowboard thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I thought about starting this after I saw the photos from Burke this past weekend.

What did everyone do for Passes? My sugarbush pass became an Ikon but also thinking about pulling the trigger the the NYS Ski 3 since I'll be posted up in Lake George most of the winter.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I held off this year. With almost everyone requiring advance reservations to ski, it will be an interesting season. Definitely no last minute powder chasing.

olegbabich

I have not purchased anything, with COVID and $$$$ for passes I will probably take this year off.

Fat Bike and KTM on singletrack is my plan for this winter as of now.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I held off this year. With almost everyone requiring advance reservations to ski, it will be an interesting season. Definitely no last minute powder chasing.

It will be interesting to see how difficult this is all going to be. Hard to justify a pass of any kind right now.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
It will be interesting to see how difficult this is all going to be. Hard to justify a pass of any kind right now.
I can't imagine the shit show of trying to have ski lodges at 25% capacity, nor the lift lines if you can only ride with people from your own party.

roc

I can't imagine the shit show of trying to have ski lodges at 25% capacity, nor the lift lines if you can only ride with people from your own party.
I think the whole limited capacity could actually work out. I went for it and renewed the ikon. I think everybody thinking it’s going to be a huge hassle will keep a lot of people away. Really cold days could be tough if you don’t want to warm up in the lounge.

I am hopeful to chase a few powder days.

I am not sure if I’ll get on a plane and go out west. I keep hemming and hawing about it, can’t make up my mind.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure how people think the lounge, even at 25%, is even slightly safe. This is exactly where it spreads. 6 feet means jack shit indoors.

The lunch break is an integral part of the ski day for us. Maybe it’s a good season for half day ski tickets.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I’m planning to do mid week, 3 hours at a time, only when conditions are worth it which is likely only a few days. Tailgate lunch in the lot. Face mask at all times, which I do anyway to avoid sun/windburn.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On the super cold days it's going to be really hard to not take the gondola. But as those of you who have followed this stuff know - an infected person sneezes in the gondola, and you get in? You're pretty much infected. So while I do not want to turn this into another [you know what] thread, I would avoid gondolas as much, or more, than the lodge.

Dress warm, stay outside, take the open air lifts, and the slopes will probably be your oyster this year assuming that it's not impossible to get a lift ticket.

Cassinonorth

Considered doing the Indy pass but held off as I my riding buddy is doing another year of Epic pass as they gave him a discount from last season. Really haven't felt the same fun in a couple years riding unfortunately here on the east coast....I need to fly west again.

roc

Not sure how people think the lounge, even at 25%, is even slightly safe. This is exactly where it spreads. 6 feet means jack shit indoors.

The lunch break is an integral part of the ski day for us. Maybe it’s a good season for half day ski tickets.
I usually go in the lodge several times on a cold day, I’m not really sure what I’ll do. I agree, that’s the place it will spread.

JPark

On the super cold days it's going to be really hard to not take the gondola. But as those of you who have followed this stuff know - an infected person sneezes in the gondola, and you get in? You're pretty much infected. So while I do not want to turn this into another [you know what] thread, I would avoid gondolas as much, or more, than the lodge.

Dress warm, stay outside, take the open air lifts, and the slopes will probably be your oyster this year assuming that it's not impossible to get a lift ticket.
The way Killington operated their gondola this summer is you can fill it with your own group of people but you can't mix groups.
This could lead to longer lines, but if they limit ticket sales it might balance out.
I guess the Singles Lines will not be used this year.

Bike N Gear

Shop Keep
The way Killington operated their gondola this summer is you can fill it with your own group of people but you can't mix groups.
This could lead to longer lines, but if they limit ticket sales it might balance out.
I guess the Singles Lines will not be used this year.
So where do the singles go?

JPark

So where do the singles go?
Match.com ;)

They would stand on the regular long line instead of shooting to the front in the singles line.
Hopefully single skiers will stick to the chairlift instead of reducing a gondola from 8 people down to 1.

kidzach

Never been one to go hang in the lodge anyway. Ski at Killington for the most part. Change at the car anyway, which is what they are asking all to do. Rather eat a late lunch at a place down the road then pay those outrageous prices at the lodge anyway. As long as they don't have to close down because of covid it may be a great season for skiers/snowboarders because of limited capacity. Fingers crossed for sure.

JPark

Never been one to go hang in the lodge anyway. Ski at Killington for the most part. Change at the car anyway, which is what they are asking all to do. Rather eat a late lunch at a place down the road then pay those outrageous prices at the lodge anyway. As long as they don't have to close down because of covid it may be a great season for skiers/snowboarders because of limited capacity. Fingers crossed for sure.
I know at Killington you are gong to have to reserve a parking spot ahead of time. You read that correctly.
Not sure if other resorts are doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom