Chips start falling in place...Loris Vergier’s new team.

Surprised about angel. Not sure where I thought he'd go but he redeemed himself nicely this year and I guess he's a good replacement for them losing remi thirion.

As for Danny well I guess we knew it was likely but the surprise for me is how much the bike looks like straight fire. I thought I remember the cube bikes being kinda meh but jesus it looks fly as f*ck. Who's got money on danny winning one more world cup?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210111-183804_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210111-183804_Instagram.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 92
Surprised about angel. Not sure where I thought he'd go but he redeemed himself nicely this year and I guess he's a good replacement for them losing remi thirion.

As for Danny well I guess we knew it was likely but the surprise for me is how much the bike looks like straight fire. I thought I remember the cube bikes being kinda meh but jesus it looks fly as f*ck. Who's got money on danny winning one more world cup?
Kind of looks like a...session? LOL

Given the success Gwin had on the Demo and Tues (and general lack of success on the M29), I keep wondering if Intense will build him a "new" M-1 with a Horst Link...

Almost halfway through January and there are still a few "question marks". Where will Vali Holl end up? Who is will be the 3rd Syndicate rider?

Given the success Gwin had on the Demo and Tues (and general lack of success on the M29), I keep wondering if Intense will build him a "new" M-1 with a Horst Link...

Almost halfway through January and there are still a few "question marks". Where will Vali Holl end up? Who is will be the 3rd Syndicate rider?

I think Gwin's relative lack of success on the M29 is down to injuries and the rise of some fast young guys more than any particular issue with the bike. But clearly the original M29 wasn't a "perfect" fit given that he was switching back and forth between sizes through all of last season and is still riding an aluminum prototype. Granted, some of that change is down to experimentation with the mullet configuration.

Edit: Also wanted to note that Gwin had all kinds of issues with the Demo initially. Probably worse than the first season on the M29.

Do we know that the Syndicate is bringing on a 3rd rider?

I think Gwin's relative lack of success on the M29 is down to injuries and the rise of some fast young guys more than any particular issue with the bike. But clearly the original M29 wasn't a "perfect" fit given that he was switching back and forth between sizes through all of last season and is still riding an aluminum prototype. Granted, some of that change is down to experimentation with the mullet configuration.

Edit: Also wanted to note that Gwin had all kinds of issues with the Demo initially. Probably worse than the first season on the M29.

Do we know that the Syndicate is bringing on a 3rd rider?
True… I am of the opinion Intense shouldn't offer a carbon DH bike for that reason. If you think back on Steber's most successful bikes, they were constantly changing and improving every year or even faster for the team racers. True about the Demo but they were still running the old 26" frame when he joined the team and that bike was already at the end of its competitive life on the WC circuit. When he got the new 27.5" wheel frame with the asymmetric seat tube, he took off. The Tues was (arguably still is...) just a minor evolution of that version of the Demo.

That doesn't mean I have anything against the VPP - I love my Megatower - but it just doesn't seem to be working for the Intense riders. But I do agree injuries and improved competition have also played a roll.

Kathy has mentioned in interviews the Syndicate is a 3 rider team. It's how they can make the logistics/financials work.

Of course, it would be really cool to see Vali end up on the Syndicate, but for some reason I'm not sure that is likely since Santa Cruz already has a female racer in Nina Hoffman. Part of me is betting Vali goes to Trek and runs with Loris, which I think would be a good fit for her since she wouldn't have to be the #1 rider, which is what she would end up as at a lot of teams. I don't think she wants that kind of pressure yet. Of course, since she is an odds-on favorite for the overall and World Champs, I'm guessing her asking price is high and she is still in negotiations, which is why there hasn't been an announcement yet.

Hopefully Rachel stays healthy for 2021. I'm willing to bet this will be her last year running a full season before she finally ties the knot with Olly, pops out a kid or two and focuses on helping to run the bike park and bike company. But I'm sure she will also want to go out on top or at least having one last good season.

It seems odd there hasn't been a Syndicate or Vali Holl announcement yet. Trying to think if there are any other open silly-season questions left...

Correction: Vali Holl on Trek/Rockshox team.

Maybe the Syndicate won't be replacing Loris?

Last edited:
Could be. With the continuing supply chain issues along with the "will there really be a season?" questions, Santa Cruz may just sit tight for 2021.

Hmm… sounds good for Remi.
It's a big brand but they don't have much of a factory DH world cup team right? Sounds like remi wasn't getting paid appropriately by commencal and he jumped without knowing his landing place. I also question the wisdom of getting one of the few top 10 riders who is totally unknown in the states and asia. But if this is the first step forward for them again, great!

I don't know... It seemed like Marcello was going to be their top rider, but over the last couple of seasons he hasn't seemed as competitive. That said, when was the last time the Glory received a design update? Actually... after looking at their website (including the UK and Aussie versions), they aren't showing a DH bike at all. So yeah, this does seem like an odd move.

That said, when was the last time the Glory received a design update? Actually... after looking at their website (including the UK and Aussie versions), they aren't showing a DH bike at all.
Giant does have a UCI DH team registered, maybe they’re going to make a big reveal? :shrug:
I was chatting with my bud Adam Craig and he spilled the beans. Yep, Giant is coming back to DH.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210130-113134_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210130-113134_Instagram.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom