Chips start falling in place...Loris Vergier’s new team.

Ian F

Yep. Worst kept secret of the silly season...

Still waiting to see where Hart lands as well as who ends up in the 3rd Syndicate seat...

ebarker9

I wouldn't be surprised. He has a lot of potential.

I was a bit shocked to see Sam Hill parting with CRC/Nukeproof on his IG feed yesterday.

Still seems unclear whether or not that was a "goodbye" or just a "thanks". I could definitely see him taking a different role to spend more time at home at this point in his career.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
1. I don't think sam is leaving nukeproof. I think he feels bad he'll be skipping racing again next year and was genuinely just sending some props. And sam isn't the promotional or trolling type so I wouldn't look 2 layers deep.

2. Where is dak going?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Also cam zink since he was dropped from YT. It's a weird time for the freeride guys -- Geoff gulevich on orbea, richey schley on fezzari, chase thankfully on commencal.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
How would you see Danny Hart in the Syndicate ? There's the UK connection with Peaty (just not sure if they get along or not though).
I guess I could see him on the Syndicate (though I don't know if peaty would have much to do with it.) Normally I'd think Danny would go be the head guy somewhere but I feel like wallets are tight right now. I guess I'd rule out a lot of the smaller guys like polygon, pivot, kona, hope and cube unless he was a gwin-style team owner. (And then only hope would probably make sense.)

Could CRC have a DH team again? I'd assume spesh isn't going to pay someone else until bruni or Iles leave. Maybe canyon? They've got big bucks.

serviceguy

I guess I could see him on the Syndicate (though I don't know if peaty would have much to do with it.) Normally I'd think Danny would go be the head guy somewhere but I feel like wallets are tight right now. I guess I'd rule out a lot of the smaller guys like polygon, pivot, kona, hope and cube unless he was a gwin-style team owner. (And then only hope would probably make sense.)

Could CRC have a DH team again? I'd assume spesh isn't going to pay someone else until bruni or Iles leave. Maybe canyon? They've got big bucks.
What, are you saying that Peaty is too busy mixing crappy tire sealant and glitter while rebranding cheap valve stems to cut deals for the syndicate...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Folks online seem pretty sure Danny goes to cube. And they dropped Remy (and someone else?) So I guess they freed up some funds. Meanwhile I had to check their site to see if they even make a DH bike. (They do)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-124141_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-124141_Chrome.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 80

Ian F

Phil Atwell was riding for Cube last year. Managed a podium finish at the second Lousa race, IIRC. Then commented in post-race interviews he didn't have a deal for 2021.

ebarker9

Somehow can't imagine Danny Hart at Santa Cruz. Just doesn't seem like a good complement to Greg and Luca and the overall atmosphere within the team. I could see him going to a CRC team if the Cube rumors aren't true. Nigel Page seems to be a fan at least judging by one former World Championships broadcast.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Dak on YT. Wouldn't have expected that, but glad to see him with a good ride.

I did NOT see that coming. I forgot about trummer and thought they may be doing away with sponsoring pro athletes entirely with the recent carnage.

The one thing I will say is I am in the market for a DH bike and was hoping to "pay back" a company for sponsoring a favorite rider of mine -- I won't be getting a tues. At least nukeproof re-upped on sam :)

Top Bottom