MTB Adventure/Overlanding Rigs

They’re actually surprising affordable if you can come across them on government auctions and build them out yourself. Tough to find them street legal but they’re out there. Stewart and Stevenson LMTV- those things are amazing.
I’ve read maintaining them is the toughest part, it’s not like a Ford where the parts are cheap and easy to find and since they are military mechanics to work on them can be costly and hard to come across if you don’t have the knowledge. There are places that build em out for you and get them street legal but the prices sky rocket in that scenario from what I saw but they are bad ass and would love one but that is not my wife’s lifestyle at all.
I asked her about what she thought about an LMTV a year ago and I think she is still laughing

@jredone 🤩🤩🤩 damn that is cool. And the places you’ve taken it too are equally cool. I have an Xterra that can carry a bunch of bikes, boards, kayaks, and enough room to change in or sleep in if need be, Plus high ground clearance and 4x4. But yours is so much more. Would love to have something like that one day.

I did, and that's exactly the reason for the change. Sprinter was nice for the head room and mpgs. Did not do great off road or in the snow but it did get me where I needed to go, just not as deep and secluded as the Ford can which i was really looking for. Ford is also cheap and easy to fix on the fly and parts are available pretty much everywhere.

Ive been throwing the idea around of selling this and building something even more capable...🤣 That might as well sign the divorce papers for me

Funny thing, we saw an Unimog (I think) in a Walmart parking lot once, my wife wanted to sell the house and move into one of those...

Military 6x6 with a camper box on the back to traverse from Alaska to terra del fuego or at least that’s my dream one day. Maybe if I hit the lottery
Sound easy on the gas too...

Also, something similar to this could be an idea...in a camo paint scheme obviously!
1583472341_img_6864.jpg

@jredone 🤩🤩🤩 damn that is cool. And the places you’ve taken it too are equally cool. I have an Xterra that can carry a bunch of bikes, boards, kayaks, and enough room to change in or sleep in if need be, Plus high ground clearance and 4x4. But yours is so much more. Would love to have something like that one day.

Thank you!!!
Let’s see that thing fully loaded. Love driving down the highway and seeing rigs stacked with cool bad ass gear

This was from a trip back in June at Raystown. Have since purchased a bike rack to go on the a-frame of the trailer to free up the truck bed. Heading to Raystown again this Sunday for a few days.
View attachment 140042
cool set up. But couldnt you just put the bikes inside the trailer? Seems to me that would be a lot more secure and safe.

Thank you!!!
Let’s see that thing fully loaded. Love driving down the highway and seeing rigs stacked with cool bad ass gear
Lol. I’ve had 4 kayaks and various bikes on at one time but this is the only pic I have of something close. This was an interesting one fromEE800DAD-8621-4990-A6CA-E74F1AFC14AD.jpeg March 2012. I snowboarded (Creek), mountain biked and kayaked all on the same day 😎.

Patrick from outdoor adventure you tube channel would probably do a video of this. This rig is cool.

He actually did reach out to me about a month ago To do a video, but I’ve been procrastinating. I’m not much of a camera person and with the amount of views his YouTube vids get made me a bit nervous to show everything on the inside.
His van is pretty amazing, theres a couple van tour vids of his rig on the channel.

Back
Top Bottom