Williams Lake Course ...

Pre-Ride tomorrow between 1-5 PM

Christian stopped by Bicucle Depot today and said tomorrow (Friday the 12th) the course will be open for Pre-riding.

RC ... :)

Today's Pre-ride

The Williams Lake course is awesome, some of the best single track I've ever been on. It reminds me of Woodstock and Blue Mtn but not as rocky. During my ride today all of a sudden it turned quite chilly for some reason. I looked to my left as I starred into the opening of a huge cave! :scared: It was really cool and creepy at the same time. I can't wait to race there tomorrow, it is well worth the drive from NJ

RC's Course rating ona 1-10, 10!

RC ... :popcorn:

The legend does not dissappoint!!!!

For years I have been hearing how awesome Williams lake is and "You have to ride it."" I never took advantage of it when I lived in the catskills so I finally decided to take the drive up to Rosendale and I have to report that this is an awesome race course and a definate must ride!!! The cave is long eneough to push you into pitch darkeness, but as soon as it does you see the exit and you can't beat the natural air-conditioning it offers. As a matter of fact that are numerous places on the course where you get a refreshingly cold breeze form the multiple caves on the property. The place does not dissapoint.

Last edited:
how's the racecourse with all this rain? looks like rain tomorrow...race is on, correct?
i might not have a baseball game after all :hmmm: still debating if it is worth to try to talk the missus into giving me a "fun pass" tonight

I already had a super wet ride today @ allamuchy. :D:cry::mad::getsome:

not a lot of coverage on the other boards...:hmmm:

found this on the fats in the cats site.....

pre-rides are legal on Friday and Saturday between 12:00 and 5:00 PM only per Christian Favata

The course is kind of slick due to all the rain but it is drying out. By Sunday it should tacky and fun. Its a great place to ride! After the pre ride I did this evening ....uh I mean this afternoon I will be glad to finish my three laps ahead of anyone. The log jam is crazy especially when wet.
See ya there!

apparently it was open for pre-ride today too :mad:

I see that it was open today, and bummed I didn't know (and didn't go). I raced Williams lake in an h2h race and it was a neat place. I would like to race but don't think a $60 day is worth it... ($25 pre reg + $10 day of = $35 + $5 license = $40 + $20 gas = $60 a bit steep). I will be at Kittatiny for a few hours tomorrow.

Wrap up of Williams Lake

They got about a 1/2 inch of rain last night. The race turned into a mudfest . The race was brocken down into morning and afternoon. The beginner and sport classes ran in the morning. Beginner dropped a lap and only had to do 1. Sport did their 3. Based on the carnage through the mud, the afternoon races skipped a lap. Pros - 4 and Expert did 3. Overall, even though the mud was ridiculous, I am very happy that I raced and it was definately worth the ride up from North Jersey. I had some mechanical issues, but was able to finish. :)

Riding through the cave was awesome! The race turned out to be total mudfest what made it very difficult to ride. I can only imagine how much fun would it be with dry conditions.

I'm glad I did it. I finished second in my group:)

Riding through the cave was awesome! The race turned out to be total mudfest what made it very difficult to ride. I can only imagine how much fun would it be with dry conditions.

I'm glad I did it. I finished second in my group:)

Congratulations Rob! Did you stay in Cat 3 or you raced Cat 2? See you next week at the Gallop.

Thanks Jon, I'm in Cat 3 and will stay there this year. I'm not good enough to switch to Cat 2 just yet. Next year maybe. I'll see you next weekend at Stewart.

Mudfest

My bike right after the race
IMG_0100.JPG

Bad race ona awesome course ...

On my first lap I had to pace myself with the Cat 2's going 3 laps. Half was through end of the first lap I was pleased to see Heidi ahead by less than minute. On a rocky section I got my first of 2 rear flats (only had one tube) :cry: and was forced to DNF. I felt strong on the start of my second lap riding most of the sections in the middle ring when my rear tire was again bitten by another rock. Course was slick with over 1" of rain falling in the Hudson Valley. As mentioned ina previous post, the Cat 3 laps were reduced from 2 laps to 1 and the experts from 4 to 3 laps yet the Cat 2's still went 3 laps :hmmm: Tommy did well and was able to finish the grueling race. This course was super hard and I feel last weeks race At Highbridge in Manhattan was more difficult.

RC ... sh!t :mad:

Back
Top Bottom