when's it too early to put up a tree and lights?

Cut ours on 12/5 and watered until 12/28 or 29. I take blame for it and do it every year but this was the worst.

That's what surprised me. This tree was pre-cut. We have cut down our own trees many times and they didn't hold up like this one. Got lucky I guess

our tree is still up and I can honestly say this one has dropped the least amount of needles of any tree we've ever had. We bought it from a guy that had (and still has) a huge Trump sign on his property. Coincidence? I think not :)
yes, because because Trump makes everything great again....blah blah blah, lalala you keep talking but I can't hear you....

Tooks ours down on Friday. Maybe the driest post tree ever.

View attachment 45938
I love real trees and don't mind the drops, we had a 10 footer the first year in the house and it looked so small in the same place, we like having our tree in the front window. Ended up with a 14 footer pre-lit plastic tree which seems more appropriate. Minimal outside lights this year since we went to Disney over the holidays. First defrosted weekend and they will come down.

Tree is up, will hopefully get decorated tonight when older daughter gets home from visiting her friend. Im off all week so weather permitting, house lights will go up sometime this week.
20181125_174719.jpg

The trend is definitely to start earlier. I couldn’t believe how many were up right after Halloween.
We start first weekend of Dec until new year.

also who actually puts up a tree on x-mas eve, like the movies and take it down a week later before New Years?
since getting a faux tree, I'll keep it up deep into January
Mine is up for a week before Christmas and then chopped up fairly quickly and used as fuel in the fire pit.

outdoor C9 started yesterday. might have many more, we'll see.

Mrs. and Mr. Scrooge here...our lights are actually turned off at Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve to prevent undesired guest from knocking (just to put things into perspective, receiving an invitation for Christmas this year set us in panic mode). I used to build a full size nativity scene well into my thirties but a number of tragic family events conveniently happening around the festivities kind of drained the excitement from the whole thing.

In order to compensate, our neighbor keeps his Christmas tree and lights on all year round. He only switched the damned thing off for a week (it was soon after Mrs. Scrooge thinks he overheard her talking to our other neighbor about his ever-lighted Christmas tree) only to light it back on brighter and more colorful than ever!

Back
Top Bottom