when's it too early to put up a tree and lights?

qclabrat

for those who do, when do you?
I'm typically on Thanksgiving weekend given the long weekend
show us your holiday swag here (not mine)
Kennedy.jpg

qclabrat

also who actually puts up a tree on x-mas eve, like the movies and take it down a week later before New Years?
since getting a faux tree, I'll keep it up deep into January

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
also who actually puts up a tree on x-mas eve
Me because Europe. I think traditionally it stayed up from Christmas Eve until 3 Kings day or something like that, but we keep it up for weeks after because it provides a nice atmosphere. Hopefully this year I'll have a bit more Christmas spirit being out of retail after years of seeing Christmas stuff the day after Halloween.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I put up the exterior lights on the house Thanksgiving weekend. Fri-Sun. Usually wait a week or so to turn them on. Mrs MadisonDan handles the inside, usually around the same time.
It used to take me three days to do it all. House is complete gut/renovation so nothing this year until its done.
One year, I actually shoveled the roof so I wouldn't die. That would have sucked.

Previous years shenanigans....

IMG_2607.JPG IMG_2610.JPG IMG_2608.JPG IMG_6616.JPG IMG_6618.JPG IMG_6620.JPG IMG_6621.JPG IMG_6619.JPG IMG_6617.JPG IMG_4732.JPG

qclabrat

When I lived in Edison there were so many more decorated houses, I'm one of the few on the street who even does lights. I like lights, especially when the Jewish folks bring out the blue lights. I wanted get blue leds but the wife vetoed the color.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Outside lights Acceptable starting on Black Friday. January 1st, the lights are turned off at a minimum and preferable every single item holiday related is packed away.

Zaskar

LOL we have you beat. We (ahem @Delish) cut the tree down ourselves in Boonton day after Thanksgiving.
I swear we watered it! I blame the drought in NJ.

Cut ours on 12/5 and watered until 12/28 or 29. I take blame for it and do it every year but this was the worst.

Top Bottom